“My government will fight this unilateral measure legally because it stands to destroy the country's federal structure,” Mamata said at a press conference.
Maulana Noor-ur Rehman Barkati had recently threatened 'jihad' and refused to take off red beacon from his vehicle.
Tipu Sultan Mosque Shahi Imam Maulana Noor-ur Rehman Barkati, considered close to West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee, is known for his repeated controversial comments.
Calcutta High Court judge Justice C.S. Karnan on Thursday here refused to be examined by a medical team, as ordered by the Supreme Court, terming it a "mad order passed by mad judges".
Hitting back at the Supreme Court over order of his medical examination, Calcutta High Court's Justice CS Karnan on Monday said that the SC order is not sustainable in law.
Kicking-off his 15-day "Vistaar Yatra" (party expansion tour) in West Bengal's Naxalbari, the birthplace of the Maoist movement in India, on Tuesday, BJP President Amit Shah on Tuesday took on the ruling Trinamool Congress as being "even worse" than the state's erstwhile Left Front regime.
An Air India flight from Delhi with 254 passengers and crew on board suffered a bird hit while landing at the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport here on Monday, an AI spokesman said.
The Calcutta Beef Dealers' Association plans to meet the Kolkata civic body regarding a change in cow slaughter timings to check illegal abattoirs in the city.
A woman was allegedly molested while her husband was beaten up severely trying to save her at a posh restro-bar in Kolkata, police said.
According to latest reports, some students of Kolkata's Jadavpur University in West Bengal raised 'Azadi' slogans.
A first year student of Presidency University has set up a mobile canteen in the campus offering fast food, favourite among the Gen Next.
Security authorities were on Thursday thrown in a tizzy after a bomb scare at the Calcutta High Court premises.
An elderly man lodged a police complaint on Thursday after a private hospital report in West Bengal mentioned existence of "uterus" and "ovary" in the ultrasonogram (USG) report of his abdomen.
In a shocking find, a pregnant woman, on an outing with her daughter, found a deep-fried lizard in a serving of fries at a McDonald's outlet in the city.
Seventeen people were rescued after an old residential building in South Kolkata partially collapsed on Tuesday afternoon, fire officials said.
Traders at the Burrabazar area have decided to keep the Bagri market closed for the entire day.
A suspect in the 2002 terror attack on American Centre in Kolkata was arrested from Bihar's Gaya district, police said on Saturday.
Partha Dey's body was found inside the bathroom of a flat on Watgunge Street where he was living for the past few months.
Three persons have been arrested for their alleged involvement in the violence at a private hospital in the southern part of the city following the death of a patient there.
Left Front members today sent two seperate letters to Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on dilution of focus on refugee relief by the government and about confirming temporary teachers in Darjeeling district.
A group of nearly 100 men attacked the Calcutta Medical Research Institute with metal rods breaking down the front door and ransacking the reception area.
A fire broke out at the Presidency University here on Monday but there were no casualties, the fire department said.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders of the West Bengal unit will meet Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday to lodge protest against the vandalising of its party headquarters office in the state by the Trinamool Congress (TMC) workers.
In a shocking incident, alleged Trinamool Congress (TMC) workers on Wednesday set BJP office in West Bengal's Hooghly district on fire.
A top operative of the Bangladesh-based terrorist outfit Jamaa-ul Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB) has revealed that the global terrorist organisation Islamic State is planning to carry out terror attacks in the eastern part of the country.
NIA sources has revealed that ISIS suspect Abu Musa had planned to attack Mother House in Kolkata.
The Enforcement Directorate on Thursday arrested businessman Parsamal Lodha for converting over Rs 25 crore old currency into new.
RBI Governor Urjit Patel was on Thursday allegedly shown black flags in Kolkata.
RBI Governor Urjit Patel was allegedly shown black flags and heckled by Congress workers in Kolkata.
Several top BJP leaders were arrested by the Kolkata Police on Thursday while taking out a rally to condemn the comments of a Muslim cleric who had issued a "fatwa" against state party president Dilip Ghosh.
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- Watch: Car catches fire in Bihar's Nalanda, no casualty
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA: Police officer stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid in Srinagar
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- WATCH: Jason Roy becomes first man ever to be dismissed for obstructing field in T20Is
- Prabhas’ reaction to SS Rajamouli’s ‘Baahubali 3’ offer is hilarious! WATCH
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- ISRO successfully plants Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites in orbit - This is what PM Modi has to say!
- West Indies vs India, 1st ODI — As it happened...
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- Government announces names of 30 more smart cities; Thiruvanathapuram tops list
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- Mohammad Nabi thanks BCCI for helping Afghanistan get Test status; hopes to play first 5-day match against India
- Subramanian Swamy says security cover given to Mirwaiz Umar Farooq should be revoked
- WATCH: The Great Khali's protegee Kavita Devi makes history, all set to become first Indian woman ever to fight in WWE