How Pakistan Govt not aware of terror plans: MoS Ahir on Durrani's revelation
New Delhi [India]: Commenting on the revelation made by Pakistan`s former national security advisor Mahmud Ali Durrani on the Mumbai 26/11 terror attack, Minister of State for Home Affairs Hansraj Ahir on Tuesday raised question on the Pakistan Government saying that from where it is justified that it was not aware of the terror plans to strike India.
"We have been saying this from very beginning that Pakistan is involved in terror attacks that took place in India and Durrani`s recent revelation has proved our claim. But saying that Pakistan intelligence agency was not aware of the terror plans to strike India is not justified," Ahir told ANI.
Reacting to Durrani`s statement that Hafiz Saeed had no utility and Pakistan should act against him, Ahir said holding Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief in house arrest is not enough."Pakistan should take strict action against Hafiz Saeed because he has not only conducted multiple acts of terror against India but he has also acted as a tool to malign Pakistan and because of him, Pakistan is seen as a terrorist country," he added.
Durrani yesterday said the November 26, 2008 terror attack in Mumbai was carried out by a terror group based in Pakistan, adding that it was a classic trans-border terrorist event. "26/11 Mumbai attack carried out by a terror group based in Pakistan is a classic trans-border terrorist event," he said while speaking at the 19th Asian Security Conference being held at the Institute of Defence and Studies and Analyses.
Durrani, a retired army general, was the National Security Advisor to the Pakistani government when 10 Pakistani terrorists sneaked into Mumbai after hijacking a boat and killed at least 164 people and wounding 308 across the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why