An earthquake measuring 5.1 on the Richter scale on Monday jolted southwest China's Yangbi County.
Lam, 59, won 777 votes from the 1,194-member Election Committee, made up of mostly Beijing-loyalists. She is the first woman to be elected to the post.
At least 10 persons were killed and a dozen injured in a collision between a truck and a mini truck in Bangladesh`s Chuadanga on Sunday, police said.
At least six persons, including two police officials, were killed and over 40 were injured in two explosions on Saturday near a militant hideout in Sylhet city, some 240 km from capital Dhaka, local police said.
At least nine people were killed and two others sustained injuries after an operation platform collapsed at a power plant in south China`s Guangdong Province on Saturday.
China has captured 2,566 fugitives, a number of them from the ruling Communist Party, who had fled to other countries and recovered USD 125 million of illicit funds from 2014 to 2016.
A moderate earthquake, measuring 5.0 on the Richter scale, rocked India`s northeastern states and parts of Myanmar on Saturday.
Nepal and China have pledged to further develop their ties as Kathmandu expressed its willingness to join China`s Belt and Road initiative.
A post is going viral on social media claiming that a Hindu student was forced to submit a written apology over celebrating Holi on the campus of a Pakistani university.
The world`s major nations are responsible for maintaining global peace, and all countries should remain committed to a road of stable and peaceful development.
China has captured 2,566 fugitives who had fled to more than 90 countries and regions and recovered 8.6 billion yuan ($1.25 billion) of illicit funds from 2014 to 2016.
The Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) said on Saturday that its armed units will declare a unilateral ceasefire no later than March 31.
A first-ever conference was held here bringing together various constituencies that have an interest in India and discussing the latest developments and the best practices of doing business in India.
The Gilgit-Baltistan area is Pakistan`s northernmost administrative territory that borders the disputed Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.
Myanmar has rejected the UN rights council's decision to investigate allegations that security officers have murdered, raped and tortured Rohingya Muslims, saying the probe would only "inflame" the conflict.
At least 16 people died after a Friday night air strike on a prison in Syria`s rebel-held Idlib province including both prisoners and staff.
Pakistan is mulling options to replace its hawkish envoy to India, Abdul Basit, after his tussle with the decisions-makers in Islamabad following the elevation of his junior Tehmina Janjua as Foreign Secretary.
The penalty for airing fake news includes a fine of up to Rs 1 million and cancellation of the operating licence.
As of February, there were 7,606 Indians serving in the peacekeeping operations, the second largest contingent, after Ethiopia with 8,321.
The Indian soldier who was returned by Pakistan after four months in captivity said he was so fed up with torture by Pakistanis that he often prayed for death while in their custody.
Taiwan said Friday that Chinese authorities had not responded to their enquiries on Lee Ming-cheh`s whereabouts, as his wife pleaded for help to locate him.
The girl has won many hearts...
The UN rights council agreed Friday to "urgently" launch an investigation into violations against Myanmar`s Rohingya Muslims, including torture, murder and rapes allegedly committed by troops.
Bhagat Singh, Shivaram Hari Rajguru, and Sukhdev Thapar were hanged in Lahore jail on March 23, 1931.
A free lunch for villagers in southern Myanmar turned sour after it landed more than a third of the rural community in hospital with food poisoning.
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- Why international media reacts negatively after Yogi Adityanath appointed as UP Chief Minister?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav injured as stage collapses in Patna
- Shiv Sena MP Ravinder Gaikwad is missing - Watch video
- Why is the decision of closing slaughterhouses being opposed?
- DNA: Today in History, 25 March 2017
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to nurture and enhance talent?
- PM Narendra Modi's 30th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Why international media reacts negatively after Yogi Adityanath appointed as UP Chief Minister? - Part II
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO
- Highly religious people, atheists are least fearful of death, say scientists!
- Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar to compete with Kapil Sharma by teaming up for new show?
- Emotional Kuldeep Yadav cries even as legends Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri try to decode India's latest sensation — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Action on slaughterhouses: Yogi Adityanath govt enforcing laws that existed for years but nobody cared
- IPS officer, who had tweeted that Adityanath govt `targeting` Yadav cops, suspended
- NYT criticises Yogi Adityanath's appointment as UP CM, India hits back
- Dharamsala Test: Debutant Kuldeep Yadav bamboozles David Warner, Peter Handscomb, Glenn Maxwell — WATCH
- Collective brain fade: Australians celebrate Mathew Wade fifty little too early, then sulk — WATCH
- Yogi Adityanath talks tough, says 'those who support criminals have option of leaving UP'
- Delhi CM Kejriwal, 5 other AAP leaders put on trial in Jaitley defamation case