RJD Chief Lalu Prasad on Tuesday sought the Bharat Ratna, the country's highest civilian award, for late veteran socialist leader and former Bihar Chief Minister Karpoori Thakur.
RJD president Lalu Prasad on Sunday said he has been discussing with the Congress and Samajwadi Party (SP) for forging an alliance in Uttar Pradesh where assembly election will be held in February and March.
Hundreds of thousands of people across Bihar on Saturday, including men, women and children, formed a human chain in support of the state government's prohibition policy.
The three suspected ISI agents, arrested by Bihar Police, were today questioned by sleuths of RAW, NIA and Railway Police in connection with the November 20 Indore-Patna Express mishap in Kanpur that claimed 150 lives and other train accidents.
A day after the Bihar Police claimed that Pakistan`s ISI may be behind the Kanpur train mishap, officials of the Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) and the National Investigating Agency (NIA) on Wednesday reached Patna to probe the terror angle.
There are three beer factories, 12 IMFL factories and six factories manufacturing ethanol in Bihar.
The Bihar Police on Tuesday pointed to the involvement of Pakistan's notorious spy agency Inter Services Intelligence in the recent train mishaps including Ajmer-Sialdah Express derailment near Kanpur.
Bihar government on Tuesday decided not to renew the licence of Beer, Bottling plants and ENA (Extra Neutral Alcohol) manufacturing units, in the next financial year.
In a rather shameful incident, a 12-year-old mentally challenged girl was gang-raped by the principal and three other teachers at a school in Jehanabad district of Bihar.
Amidst speculation of growing bonhomie with BJP, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today attacked the party while rejecting its Bihar unit's demand of postponing the human chain programme scheduled for January 21 in the wake of Patna boat tragedy.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today said he "had no proper knowledge" of the kite festival organised at Sabbalpur diara, where a boat tragedy claimed 24 lives, though his photographs appeared on advertisements put up by the Tourism Department.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said action would be taken against officials found guilty of dereliction of duty in connection with the boat tragedy that claimed 24 lives.
A 12-year-old student of a government school was allegedly gang-raped by the principal and three teachers here, police said on Monday.
BJP leader Sushil Modi on Sunday alleged that "negligence" of Bihar government led to the boat capsize that claimed 24 lives and said Chief Minister Nitish Kumar should take responsibility for the tragedy.
As the boat tragedy in Patna claimed 24 lives, here is the video of the mishap.
BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha on Sunday expressed grief over the boat tragedy in river Ganga last evening in which 24 people lost their lives.
President Pranab Mukherjee on Sunday condoled the boat tragedy in Patna that left 25 persons dead.
The Bihar Police on Sunday registered a First Information Report (FIR) against the owner of an amusement park and the operator of the boat that capsized in the river Ganga in Patna on Saturday evening, claiming at least 24 lives.
The death toll in Patna boat tragedy rose to 24 on Sunday as Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh blamed Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for the tragedy.
In the wake of the Bihar boat tragedy, Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s event marking the state of redevelopment work of Mahatma Gandhi Setu in Patna, Bihar has been postponed.
As alliance partner Congress expressed displeasure over JD(U)'s invitation to BJP for the 'Makar Sankranti' feast tomorrow, RJD president Lalu Prasad and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday asserted that everything is fine in the coalition.
A boat carrying 40 people capsized in River Ganga in Patna on Saturday.
Most of the contractual school teachers have been recruited between 2006 and 2015.
Union Minister and LJP president Ramvilas Paswan, who was admitted to the ICU of a hospital here late last evening after he complained of breathlessness, has recovered and is expected to be discharged tomorrow, doctors said on Friday.
Two officials of a private construction company were shot dead in Bihar`s Saran district by unidentified gunmen, police said on Friday.
Union Minister and LJP president Ramvilas Paswan, who was admitted to the ICU of a hospital here late last evening after he complained of breathlessness, is stable now, doctors attending on him said today.
Police today arrested two naxalites from a place near Phulwaria reservoir in Bihar's Nawada district.
A CISF jawan allegedly opened fire on his colleagues, killing four of them at their unit at a thermal power station in Aurangabad district of Bihar on Thursday.
Former Bihar Chief Minister and RJD supremo Lalu Prasad will receive pension of Rs 10,000 per month under the JP Senani Samman Pension Scheme for having served a jail term in the 1970s to oppose the Emergency, an official said on Wednesday.
The Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) a major constituent of Bihar`s ruling Grand Alliance, on Tuesday decided to support and join Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s proposed human chain to raise awareness about the liquor prohibition issue in the state.
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Andhra Pradesh: NIA team reaches Kuneru to investigate train accident
- Jallikattu protests turn violent; Police station attacked, vehicles set on fire
- Vijay Mallya loan default: CBI arrests 9, including IDBI Bank ex-chairman
- Raees promotion: Shah Rukh Khan boards train from Mumbai to Delhi
- DNA: Today in history, January 23rd 2017
- Coal scam: SC orders probe against former CBI chief Ranjit Sinha
- Panel discussion on the promises made in Samajwadi Party's manifesto Part II
- DNA: Analyzing why most people do not follow traffic rules in India
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations
- WATCH: Kiwi batsman Neil Wagner given run-out despite reaching crease before ball hit the stumps
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 sold out; here are the dates of the next sale
- Lodha vs BCCI: Adamant on age cap of 70 years, Supreme Court allows Indian board to propose three names
- 1 taxpayer owes 11% of India's individual income tax in 2014-15
- Reliance Jio increasing data download limit in Happy New Year Offer?
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore
- Expedition 50 astronaut shares spectacular view of Budapest from space!
- 'Commando 2' trailer is out! Vidyut Jammwal enthrals audience with mind-blowing stunts - WATCH
- WATCH: Wasim Akram, Shoaib Akhtar, Saqlain Mushtaq bowled over by in-form Virat Kohli