The victim is the daughter of a former state minister, who is also from Congress.
The Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) on Sunday decided to begin digital evaluation of answer sheets of the ongoing Intermediate Examination to check anomalies during evaluation process.
RSS leader Indresh Kumar on Sunday attacked Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD chief Lalu Prasad, saying both leaders have been doing vote-bank politics by supporting triple talaq and opposing a uniform civil code.
Bhojpuri movie star Ravi Kishan on Sunday joined BJP.
Former Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) MP and party strongman Mohammad Shahabuddin was on Sunday brought to Delhi from Patna, days after the Supreme Court ordered to shift him from Bihar's Siwan jail to Tihar Central Jail in the national capital.
Bhojpuri movie star Ravi Kishan is all set to join BJP.
Mohammad Shahabuddin, is a criminal turned politician and locally known as `Bahubali`. He faces 35 criminal cases including murder, extortion, kidnapping and has been convicted in seven.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today said that four crore people took part in the human chain to support prohibition on January 21 while the target was only two crore.
Bihar is the first state to have such restrictions for officials and judges.
A total of 360 examinees, many of them girls, were expelled across the state for using unfair means in the Intermediate examination today.
A total of 204 examinees were expelled across the state for using unfair means in the intermediate examination on the second day on Wednesday.
Altogether 229 cartons of Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) were seized from town police station area of Sitamarhi district today.
Chandrakeshwar Prasad, father of three brothers allegedly killed at the instance of mafia don-turned-politician Shahabuddin, and Asha Ranjan, wife of slain journalist Rajdeo Ranjan in Bihar`s Siwan district, have expressed happiness after the Supreme Court on Wednesday ordered that the RJD strongman be shifted from Siwan jail to Tihar Central Jail to ensure fair trial.
The Supreme Court said trial in the cases registered against Shahabuddin will be conducted through video conferencing from Tihar Jail.
Asha Ranjan had earlier filed a plea stating that free and fair trial against Shahabuddin was not possible if he remains lodged in the Bihar jail.
Several Bajrang Dal members on Tuesday brutally thrashed some couples in Bihar's Muzaffarpur in a protest against Valentine's Day.
Veteran politician and RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav recently sat on a chair meant for Bihar Chief Minister and his alliance partner Nitish Kumar during a public event in state capital.
The bench of Chief Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar, Justice N.V. Ramana and Justice D.Y. Chandrachud imposed the cost on Ravinder Singh.
Seven persons were killed while five others injured in a truck-auto collision on NH 77 near Bhikhanpur village in Bihar's Muzaffarpur district today.
The sting has come at a time when the state is rocked by a paper leak in the BSSC exam for recruitment of clerks in state jobs.
Passengers of the New Delhi-Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express had a providential escape following timely detection of track damage between Mansi-Maheshkut stations, minutes before the train was to cross that stretch, Railway officials said today.
BSSC examination scheduled for Sunday has been cancelled.
Facing a crisis of space to house nearly 35,000 people arrested under new liquor law, the Bihar government is mulling capacity expansion of prisons to accommodate overflow of tipplers.
BSSC secretary Parmeshwar Ram has been detained by police in connection with Bihar Staff Selection Commission exam paper leak.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today lamented the absence of legislators in both Houses of the state assembly, particularly during the post-lunch sessions.
Bihar CM Nitish Kumar avoided any direct answer to questions on the Uttar Pradesh elections.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said the Chief Secretary and DGP will probe the alleged paper leak in the clerk recruitment exam conducted by the BSSC.
A major accident was averted when a low intensity bomb exploded on the railway track in Bihar`s Buxar district, a railway official said.
A bomb blast took place on a railway track near Buxar station in Mughalsarai-Patna section in Bihar on Monday.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar lent colour to a lotus sketched by an artist, creating a social media buzz on Sunday, with some seeing in it his "closeness" to the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BJP begins counselling youths in Kashmir against stone pelting
- UP polls: Voting for fourth phase of Assembly elections today
- DNA: India sees 50% jump in millionaire exodus in 2016
- Watch - Akshay Kumar's pillow talk with his fans on fitness
- BMC election results 2017: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers to resign
- Himachal Pradesh's Mandi enters Limca Book of World Records
- DNA: Today in History | February 22, 2017
- Children subjected to cruelty on allegations of mobile stealing
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP
- Shiv Sena retains Thane Municipal Corporation, wins 67 seats
- 'BJP gaining in Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections after Hindutva introduced in campaign'
- Maharashtra civil polls: BJP bags 32 seats in Ulhasnagar, Shiv Sena 25
- Scam in Arvind Kejriwal's 'Mohalla Clinic'? Vigilance Department initiates probe over doctors earning Rs 4 lakh/month
- 'Cyanide' Mallika, Sasikala's dangerous neighbour in Bengaluru prison, shifted
- Shobhaa De gets sharp response from the cop whom she mocked on Twitter
- Amravati Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results: BJP wins big, NCP fails to open account
- Trump's immigration plans to impact 3 lakh Indian-Americans, EU ready to welcome more Indian skilled workers
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days