A Bihar Disaster Management Department official said 158.305 lakh persons in 2,313 panchayats under 185 blocks in 19 districts have been affected by the floods.
Lalu Prasad Yadav's is holding an anti-BJP rally 'Desh Bachao, Bhajpa Bhagao' on August 27 in Patna.
The RJD chief is criss-crossing the state to mobilise people for the August 27 rally, which he has claimed would be a major occasion to bring together the secular forces on one platform against the BJP ahead of the 2019 polls.
The Nitish Kumar government in Bihar has made provision to pay a sum of Rs 15,000 on birth of a girl child either while rescuig a pregnant woman to a relief camp or in the camp and Rs 10,00 for a boy child in similar condition.
Prime Minister will visit Bihar on August 26.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Tuesday filed charge sheet against Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Mohammad Shahabuddin in the murder case of in the murder case of Siwan-based journalist Rajdeo Ranjan.
As devastating flood stroke Bihar, the death toll mounted to nearly 304 on Monday. More than 2.5 lakh people have been rescued so far.
Devastating floods have swept across large swathes of Bihar, Assam and Uttar Pradesh.
A Bihar Disaster Management Department official said 126.87 lakh persons in 1,965 panchayats under 171 blocks in 18 districts have been affected by the floods.
The Janata Dal (United) (JD-U) on Sunday reiterated their warning to rebel senior party leader Sharad Yadavm saying that he will face action if he attends Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav's rally.
Yesterday, the toll was 153 and the number of affected people stood at 1.08 crore in 17 districts.
Two brothers, both teen agers, got drowned on Saturday in flood water in Motihari town area of East Champaran district, police said.
The Janata Dal (United) faction led by Nitish Kumar on Saturday decided to join the National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
Nitish Kumar-headed Janata Dal (United) on Saturday passed a resolution to join BJP-led NDA.
The JD (U) had removed Sharad Yadav -- who opposed the party's decision to ally with the BJP in Bihar -- as their leader in the Rajya Sabha and replaced him with RCP Singh.
The convention follows a mega meeting of anti-BJP parties held yesterday in the national capital, seeking to save the "composite culture" of the country.
Both the SHO and the revenue department employee were being brought to the state capital for interrogation before production in a designated vigilance court for judicial remand.
Lalu Prasad had already been convicted in a fodder scam case and he was awarded five years` sentence in October 2013. He is currently on bail.
According to the official, 408,903 people have been evacuated to safer places by the Army, NDRF, SDRF and other rescue teams in the last four days.
The Income Tax Department will soon file a prosecution complaint against some family members of RJD chief Lalu Prasad, including his daughter Misa Bharti, in connection with its probe into land deals worth Rs 1,000 crore, officials privy to the investigation said.
Historic Gandhi Maidan in the heart of the town would be transformed into 'city square' as prevalent in prominent cities abroad and it would be made the "most happening place" by facilitating various activities.
Authorities have failed to provide them a polythene or plastic sheet. Their roof is the sky.
Bihar's Leader of Opposition Tejashwi Yadav on Thursday demanded a CBI probe into the Rs 1,000 crore Srijan scam, in which government funds were transferred to private accounts between 2005 and 2013 when BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi was the Finance Minister.
A case has been registered against former Bihar deputy chief minister and Rashtriya Janata Dal leader Tejashwi Yadav for allegedly disrespecting national song 'Vande Mataram' in a tweet.
Days after he was removed as the Janata Dal (United) leader in the Rajya Sabha, Sharad Yadav on Wednesday challenged Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to sack him from the party, said .GoNews
The Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) on Wednesday suffered yet another blow when party spokesperson Pragati Mehta joined its rival faction in the state assembly - the Janata Dal (United) (JD(U)).
The flood situation in Bihar continues to remain grim where 69.81 lakh people have been hit by inundation in 13 districts and 56 people have lost their lives.
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi's convoy was on Tuesday attacked in Vaishali district of the state.
As many as 56 people have died due to floods in Bihar so far, Additional Secretary Disaster Management Department of Bihar Anirudh Kumar said on Tuesday.
More than 6.5 million people have been affected by floods in Bihar, that have claimed the lives of over 40 people so far, washed away thousands of huts, badly damaged buildings, roads, bridges and standing crops worth crores, officials said on Tuesday.
- End of triple talaq will grant equality to Muslim women, says PM Modi
- Congress hails Supreme Court verdict on triple talaq
- Businessman kidnapped near police station in Udaipur - Watch
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, many injured
- Watch: Asaduddin Owaisi's opinion about Supreme Court verdict on triple talaq
- DNA: Analysing of a video of kid being treated cruelly while studying
- US President Donald Trump slams Pakistan over terror safe havens
- Malegaon blast case: Lt Colonel Purohit out on bail after 9 year
- DNA: Today In History, August 22, 2017
- Gurmeet Ram Rahim rape case verdict: High alert in two states
- DNA: Non Stop News, August 22, 2017
- DNA: Analysis on Muslim women who got freedom from Triple Talaq after 70 years
- Triple Talaq verdict: These five women fought to abolish the practise
- Supreme Court bars triple talaq, calls it 'unconstitutional'
- Doklam standoff: If Chinese troops enter India, there will be "utter chaos", says Beijing
- Delhi police arrests Siddharth Mehrotra, the thief who targeted netas, businessman to fund his luxurious life
- Do you have a clue about the weather on Mars? This is how it is
- SC sets aside triple talaq, terms it void and unconstitutional: As it happened
- Past is past, MS Dhoni can't play till he wants: Gautam Gambhir
- Rajiv Gandhi had overturned SC's verdict on Shah Bano case, now Rahul welcomes triple talaq judgement – How Congress has transitioned
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu offers to quit over train accidents; PM Modi asks him to wait
- When Aishwarya Rai had agreed to work with former boyfriend Salman Khan
- August 21 total solar eclipse: Watch as ISS photo-bombed the sun and many more magical moments!
- Annabelle Creation: Woman screams in horror after watching spooky film – See VIDEO
- Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh rape trial: Over 10 lakh Dera followers expected to gather, Punjab, Haryana on high alert
- 10 coaches of Delhi-bound Kaifiyat Express derails in UP, at least 80 injured
- 2008 Malegaon blast accused Lt Col Prasad Shrikant Purohit released from Taloja Jail
- Crying kid in viral clip is Toshi's niece; singer slams Virat Kohli