In a significant development, Bihar Board Class 12 (Arts) topper Ganesh Kumar was on Friday arrested by the police whereas his result was cancelled by the Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) with immediate effect, the Bihar School Examination Board's Anand Kishore announced.
RJD president Lalu Prasad will not attend the birthday celebrations of DMK chief M Karunanidhi in Chennai tomorrow, which is being seen as a major event to bring together non-BJP parties ahead of the presidential elections.
Bihar government has recommended CBI inquiry into the death of two sugar mill workers union leaders at Motihari in an alleged self-immolation attempt to protest against non-payment of arrears.
It seems like not everything is well under the leadership of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
Instead of using a stretcher, the hospital staff allegedly carried her body in a garbage cart for autopsy.
The Bihar police on Friday crushed bottles and pouches containing total 60,000 liters of liquor in Rohtas district.
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has registered a money laundering case to probe alleged irregularities in the 2016 Bihar toppers scam case related to the state school examination board.
In an interview to a TV news channel, Ganesh Kumar stumbled over queries on music subject, in which he scored 65 out of 70 in practicals.
Branding the Bihar topper scam news as utter rubbish, the Janata Dal (United) on Friday said the news is being used by certain outlets in the media for the sheer purpose of sensationalism.
Rajesh Agarwal, the chartered accountant linked to the RJD chief Lalu Yadav's daughter Misa Bharti's firm, will be produced in a Delhi court on Friday in connection with a money laundering case.
After Bihar Arts topper Ganesh Kumar came under scanner as he allegedly failed to show his academic credentials as per his scores giving rise to speculations of another topper scam in the state, the Bihar School Exam Board chairman Anand Kishore on Thursday gave a clean chit to the former saying no one can raise question on his merit.
Almost a year after the infamous 'Bihar school topper scandal', the state board examination result is hogging the limelight but for all the wrong reasons.
There are 33 intermediate colleges and the same number of schools with Class 10 where not a single student cleared the examination.
The horriffic murder of 12-year-old Nancy Jha in Bihar's Madhubani district has shook the state.
With the poor results in the Bihar Plus-Two examination, in which 64 per cent of the examinees failed, triggering student agitation, the state government today ordered transfer of the education department secretary.
In a setback to Bihar minister and RJD chief Lalu Prasad's son Tej Pratap, Bharat Petroleum has issued a notice to him.
Only 30.11 percent of students passed the test in the Science stream.
The video has been going viral on social media platforms since May 25.
Students can check BSEB 12th Results 2017/ BSEB Inter Results 2017 at www.biharboard.ac.in.
As many as 20 people, including two girls, were arrested on Tuesday after they were found in inebriated condition and six liquor bottles seized from them at an integrated check post at Rajauli in Bihar's Nawada district, an official said.
The BIEC 12th Results 2017 have been declared for Science and Commerce Stream.
The Bihar Inter Result 2017 are expected to be declared at 11 am.
Earlier, the court had extended till May 31 the deadline of April 30 for disposing of old stocks, including raw material, fixed by the Nitish Kumar government.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Monday took custody of former RJD MP Mohammad Shahabuddin in an ongoing investigation into a case relating to murder of journalist Rajdeo Ranjan.
Several liquor manufacturers approached the apex court seeking an extension of the May 31 deadline for moving liquor stocks out of the state.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has again raised the demand for granting Bihar a 'special category status and special assistance' for its rapid growth.
"The incident took place near Bankat village of Soraon police station area. Rajiv was driving the Honda City and was the sole occupant of the car," in-charge of Soraon police station Satyendra Singh said.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday requested Prime Minister Narendra Modi to send a team of experts to the eastern state before June 10 to assess the situation of silting in Ganga, as it was "causing ill-effects on the river."
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday met Prime Minister Narendra Modi amid the buzz about growing bonhomie between the two.
Sonia Gandhi had recently called Nitish Kumar over phone and discussed with him the possibility of a consensus opposition candidate in the Presidential Election.
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- PM Modi - President Trump meeting at White House: Ten big things
- PM Modi, President Trump hug each other in Rose Garden at White House
- Modi-Trump meet: India, US to work together to ensure peace in Afghanistan
- Experts view on PM Narendra Modi's US visit
- Watch! Here are 20 key points of Modi-Trump meet
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- Jolt to Pakistan: US declares Hizbul Chief Syed Salahuddin a global terrorist
- Eid being celebrated across the country today
- Modi in US: I will fulfill the dreams you have seen for India, PM tells Indian diaspora
- At least 6 dead, several missing after tourist boat sinks in Colombia
- Donald Trump, wife Melania accord warm red carpet welcome to PM Narendra Modi at the White House
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- When NSA Ajit Doval saved PM Narendra Modi from likely embarrassment in US
- Chinese troops enter India in Sikkim sector, scuffle with Army jawans, destroy Indian bunkers
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- PM Narendra Modi’s candid comments with Donald Trump, Melania at White House – Watch video
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to take up proposal on allowances tomorrow, will govt employees get HRA higher than Mathur panel?
- Guess what PM Modi gifted President Trump and wife Melania!
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- After Eid prayers, clashes break out between security forces, stone pelters in Kashmir Valley; 10 protesters injured
- WATCH: Virat Kohli simulates MS Dhoni's 'Helicopter shot' for a six during 2nd ODI against West Indies
- In fresh warning to India, al Qaeda says will target those who kill 'Kashmiri brothers'
- India's tour of West Indies: Skipper Virat Kohli hints at Rishabh Pant's inclusion for third ODI
- WATCH: Virat Kohli wishes 'Eid Mubarak' to all his fans