A day after the Bihar Police claimed that Pakistan`s ISI may be behind the Kanpur train mishap, officials of the Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) and the National Investigating Agency (NIA) on Wednesday reached Patna to probe the terror angle.
There are three beer factories, 12 IMFL factories and six factories manufacturing ethanol in Bihar.
The Bihar Police on Tuesday pointed to the involvement of Pakistan's notorious spy agency Inter Services Intelligence in the recent train mishaps including Ajmer-Sialdah Express derailment near Kanpur.
Bihar government on Tuesday decided not to renew the licence of Beer, Bottling plants and ENA (Extra Neutral Alcohol) manufacturing units, in the next financial year.
In a rather shameful incident, a 12-year-old mentally challenged girl was gang-raped by the principal and three other teachers at a school in Jehanabad district of Bihar.
Amidst speculation of growing bonhomie with BJP, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today attacked the party while rejecting its Bihar unit's demand of postponing the human chain programme scheduled for January 21 in the wake of Patna boat tragedy.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today said he "had no proper knowledge" of the kite festival organised at Sabbalpur diara, where a boat tragedy claimed 24 lives, though his photographs appeared on advertisements put up by the Tourism Department.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said action would be taken against officials found guilty of dereliction of duty in connection with the boat tragedy that claimed 24 lives.
A 12-year-old student of a government school was allegedly gang-raped by the principal and three teachers here, police said on Monday.
BJP leader Sushil Modi on Sunday alleged that "negligence" of Bihar government led to the boat capsize that claimed 24 lives and said Chief Minister Nitish Kumar should take responsibility for the tragedy.
As the boat tragedy in Patna claimed 24 lives, here is the video of the mishap.
BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha on Sunday expressed grief over the boat tragedy in river Ganga last evening in which 24 people lost their lives.
President Pranab Mukherjee on Sunday condoled the boat tragedy in Patna that left 25 persons dead.
The Bihar Police on Sunday registered a First Information Report (FIR) against the owner of an amusement park and the operator of the boat that capsized in the river Ganga in Patna on Saturday evening, claiming at least 24 lives.
The death toll in Patna boat tragedy rose to 24 on Sunday as Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh blamed Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for the tragedy.
In the wake of the Bihar boat tragedy, Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s event marking the state of redevelopment work of Mahatma Gandhi Setu in Patna, Bihar has been postponed.
As alliance partner Congress expressed displeasure over JD(U)'s invitation to BJP for the 'Makar Sankranti' feast tomorrow, RJD president Lalu Prasad and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday asserted that everything is fine in the coalition.
A boat carrying 40 people capsized in River Ganga in Patna on Saturday.
Most of the contractual school teachers have been recruited between 2006 and 2015.
Union Minister and LJP president Ramvilas Paswan, who was admitted to the ICU of a hospital here late last evening after he complained of breathlessness, has recovered and is expected to be discharged tomorrow, doctors said on Friday.
Two officials of a private construction company were shot dead in Bihar`s Saran district by unidentified gunmen, police said on Friday.
Union Minister and LJP president Ramvilas Paswan, who was admitted to the ICU of a hospital here late last evening after he complained of breathlessness, is stable now, doctors attending on him said today.
Police today arrested two naxalites from a place near Phulwaria reservoir in Bihar's Nawada district.
A CISF jawan allegedly opened fire on his colleagues, killing four of them at their unit at a thermal power station in Aurangabad district of Bihar on Thursday.
Former Bihar Chief Minister and RJD supremo Lalu Prasad will receive pension of Rs 10,000 per month under the JP Senani Samman Pension Scheme for having served a jail term in the 1970s to oppose the Emergency, an official said on Wednesday.
The Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) a major constituent of Bihar`s ruling Grand Alliance, on Tuesday decided to support and join Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s proposed human chain to raise awareness about the liquor prohibition issue in the state.
BJP president Amit Shah on Tuesday prayed at the Takht Sri Harmandir Sahib, the birthplace of the 10th Sikh Guru, Gobind Singh.
Janata Dal (United) leader Mukesh Singh was shot dead by unidentified assailants in Barh, Patna, on Sunday.
With the arrest of six persons, Patna police has busted a sex racket which was being run in a rented flat.
A large number of Muslims today took out a procession here to demand reservation for the community in Government jobs, education and other sectors.
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- Akhilesh Yadav emerges victorious; Ramgopal Yadav hints towards alliance with Congress
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- Killfie - India tops ranking for selfie deaths
- DNA: DIHAR produces vegetables for Army in high areas
- Watch: Heavy snowfall in Kashmir and other hilly areas!
- DNA: Why was Dangal girl Zaira Wasim forced to apologize post meeting with Mehbooba Mufti? - Part II
- PM Narendra Modi makes 14 key points in his speech at Raisina Dialogue - Watch video
- DNA: Why was Dangal girl Zaira Wasim forced to apologize post meeting with Mehbooba Mufti?
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble
- RBI hikes ATM withdrawal limit to Rs 10,000 per day; no change in weekly withdrawal limit
- Real reason why Election Commission gave 'cycle' to Akhilesh Yadav but not his father Mulayam Singh
- Akhilesh Yadav allotted `cycle` symbol by EC; UP CM seeks father Mulayam's blessings
- Ludhiana shocker: `They were dying...and people were clicking pictures`
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Good news for small traders: Withdrawal limit from current accounts doubled to Rs 1 lakh per week
- Salman Khan Acquitted in Arms Act Case Jodhpur Court—As it happened
- Nokia 6 to go on sale from January 19; gets over 1 million registrations
- Expelled Sahibabad BSP MLA makes SHOCKING disclosure, claims Mayawati demanded Rs 8 cr for party ticket