God! I want more ‘Goaness’
If you are a first-time flyer to Goa and have planned an under-five-day trip, I suggest, you cancel it. Why would you want to take a chance of getting an unfulfilled feeling at the end of it, after all. Wish someone would have told me exactly that. Well, yes, it was my first teeny-weeny visit to India’s party-land and I have come back with lots of takeaways, some grudges of not having spent enough time and of course, sweet memories.
The short-trip wasn’t planned intentionally. It all happened within a day’s notice. So, usually when someone plans for a first ever Goa trip, I can imagine how the preparations must be like - shopping for the destination-to-be, cameras readied for the already-imagined Facebook album and not to forget, the gearing up for the Twitter-friendly posts with self-made hashtags. Pure self-indulgence. And what did I manage? Almost all, but it was a twisty achievement. I shopped for a travel bag so that it looked nice on-screen and a sun-screen to save my skin for the times I’d be out in the sun shooting. I also got the cameras ready for the planned show and, while I did tweet all that I wanted to, it was only limited to my mind. Sigh!
And by that description you now know, it was more of an official trip than a personal one. We went there to shoot the GoaFest 2013 at Zuri White Sands Resort with an attempt to give the coverage a different touch. The agenda was clear only till the time we reached Goa. All the thinking began to fade away as I sat in the hotel cab and passed through the towering coconut trees, feeling the positive stillness in the air. The feeling to feel the vibe of any new city I visit comes very naturally to me. And Goa won this test with a fair margin.
From shooting GoaFest to the beaches to Fisherman’s Wharf, we covered it all. The weather was kind on us on the first day but the temperature soared on day two and three. Day 1 at the GoaFest saw some of the marketing mavens speak at the Conclave while media professionals brainstormed about big fishes to be netted.
But I had an unusual plan and Day 2 brought me closer to it. I spent the entire day with one of the advertising veterans and we had a ball. My favorite moment was when I saw our first destination - The Leela Beach - from a distance and knew it was going to leave me gasping. And it did. I just wanted to sit down where the waters painted their foreplay with the sand and stare at nothing. Write my name in the most clichéd way may be, but safe from the power of the water to wash it away. Pick up shells and relish God’s artistic flavours for hours. Have the most interesting person beside me and converse like there’s no fear of time to ditch us.
So what! I still have lived all of it in my imagination; good enough for it to come real. And though it isn’t a good feeling to have missed doing all the wishful stuff, I’m glad my visit was more of a spontaneous one. It had the essence of unexpectedness and exploration. It was my first outdoor shoot and the learning was immense. First-hand account of it has also given me every reason to laud all those who make travelogues and even more, the 70mm-movie creators.
There were some moments when I felt absolutely blank while there were also those that made me come alive in the middle of nowhere – a beautiful potpourri of emotions.
In all, it was nothing but three days of madness and fun shooting all that we could to show Goa through our eyes. Madness, yes… but God! I am longing for some more ‘Goaness’…
comments powered by Disqus
- MCD Election Results 2017: BJP wins big, thanks Delhiites for faith in party
- PM Modi launches first Udan flight from Shimla to Delhi
- Delhi MCD Election Results 2017: Confident of BJP's win in civic polls, says Manoj Tiwari
- Discussion - The big issues of Delhi MCD elections 2017
- It's people's mandate, accept it gracefully: Sheila Dikshit on MCD election results
- Check bse.odisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic; Odisha BSE HSC Class 10 Results 2017, BSE Odisha Results 2017, Odisha Matric Results 2017 declared
- CGBSE Class 12 Board Result 2017: Chhattisgarh Board Higher Secondary Class 12 Results declared. Check cgbse.nic.in, results.cg.nic.in
- JEE Main Result 2017 to be declared today; check jeemain.nic.in and cbseresults.nic.in
- CGBSE Class 12 Board Result 2017: Chhattisgarh Board Higher Secondary Class 12 Results to be declared today at cgbse.nic.in
- Vinod Khanna dies of cancer – All you need to know about the condition that killed the veteran actor