Maruti Celerio's CNG variant launched at Rs 4.68 lakh
New Delhi: The country's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India on Monday launched a CNG variant of its latest compact car 'Celerio', priced at Rs 4.68 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The CNG-powered 'Celerio Green' will be available with manual transmission in VXi trim, MSI said in a statement.
MSI Vice President (Marketing) Manohar Bhat said the idea of introducing a bi-fuel CNG variant was to strengthen the brand and offer more fuel choices to the customer.
"We are confident that factory fitted iGPI technology on the Celerio Green will bring all the benefits to customers such as smooth drive and hassle-free maintenance and help us in expanding the Celerio brand," he added.
It delivers best-in-class fuel efficiency of 31.79 km/kg in CNG mode, the company said.
The petrol variant of the Celerio VXi is available for Rs 4.06 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
"With Celerio Green, Maruti Suzuki has strengthened its CNG portfolio and offers iGPI technology on six models, Alto 800, Wagon R, Ertiga, SX4 and Eeco," the company said.
MSI had launched Celerio with the Auto Gear Shift technology during Auto Expo 2014. The auto gear shift technology gives flexibility of having both manual mode and auto drive mode in the same car, with a simple shift of gear lever.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20