Google working on own ‘smart watch’ to take on Apple, Samsung
London: Internet search giant Google’s Android team is reportedly working on a smart watch that would compete with Apple’s iWatch.
The reported Google device is separate from the Samsung smartwatch, which the Korean firm this week confirmed that it is working on.
A Google smartwatch has not been confirmed, but is working on has not been confirmed, but came via an insider briefing to the FT.
According to the Telegraph, the leak would, however, seem to be confirmed by the fact that last year Google had a patent application approved for a “smart watch” with dual-screen “flip-up display”, and a camera.
The patent filing also mentioned a “tactile user interface”, or touchscreen.
The paper pointed out that the challenge facing smartwatch designers is miniaturisation.
The major task is to fit all technologies, screens, processors, GPS, mobile software, Bluetooth wireless networking, into something small enough to look stylish on a wrist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300