Google working on own ‘smart watch’ to take on Apple, Samsung
London: Internet search giant Google’s Android team is reportedly working on a smart watch that would compete with Apple’s iWatch.
The reported Google device is separate from the Samsung smartwatch, which the Korean firm this week confirmed that it is working on.
A Google smartwatch has not been confirmed, but is working on has not been confirmed, but came via an insider briefing to the FT.
According to the Telegraph, the leak would, however, seem to be confirmed by the fact that last year Google had a patent application approved for a “smart watch” with dual-screen “flip-up display”, and a camera.
The patent filing also mentioned a “tactile user interface”, or touchscreen.
The paper pointed out that the challenge facing smartwatch designers is miniaturisation.
The major task is to fit all technologies, screens, processors, GPS, mobile software, Bluetooth wireless networking, into something small enough to look stylish on a wrist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products