Apple now accuses Samsung, Google of ‘patent infringements’
London: Apple has launched a new legal attack on rivals Samsung and Google, saying that the Korean mobile maker’s Galaxy Note 10.1 and the Internet search gaint’s Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system infringe on its patents.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is a tablet equipped with a stylus, unlike Apple''s iPads, while Jelly Bean is Google''s latest version of the Android operating system that runs on Samsung devices and tablets.
The iPhone maker told a judge that Samsung''s Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet infringes its patents and attempted to add the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system to an existing lawsuit, the Telegraph reports.
According to the paper, the patent wars between Apple and Samsung show no signs of abating as the two lock horns to battle over the 219 billion dollar global smartphone market.
This is the first time that Google, which provides operating system for majority of Samsung mobile handsets, has been dragged into the patent dispute.
The case is scheduled for trial in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300