Apple to introduce thinner iPad and high-resolution iPad mini
Wellington: Software and mobile manufacturer Apple is reportedly on its way to unveil a thinner version of its flagship iPad tablet along with a high-resolution iPad mini.
According to Stuff.co.nz, sources close to the company said that the new iPad models are set to be introduced towards the end of the year.
Despite the growing competition in the tablet market from makers like Samsung, Google and Asustek, IDC found that Apple’s lack of new products has led to a global slowdown in tablet shipments.
The report said that the new iPad with a 9.7-inch screen will have a body that resembles the current iPad mini, with a thinner bezel than the current version while the 7.9-inch iPad mini is speculated to have the same high-resolution ‘Retina’ display currently available with the iPhone and the larger iPad.
Apple spokeswoman Trudy Muller declined to comment on the latest redesigned products.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300