Microsoft launches Office 365 Home Premium software for home users
New Delhi: Microsoft Corp launched new Office software called the Office 365 Home Premium for home users on Tuesday. The Office suite of applications includes desktop staples Outlook email, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
The premium office suite features constantly updated, online access to documents from all kinds of devices as the world's largest software company attempts to tailor its most profitable product to a mobile generation.
The software is designed to extend Microsoft's domination of the workplace to the home office and beat back growing competition from Google Inc's free online apps.
The Office 365 Home Premium, is the first major overhaul of Office since 2010.
After downloading the basic programs online, users can access the latest versions of all Office applications from up to five devices on a subscription basis for USD 100 a year.
The software will be updated online, marking a change from the past where users had to wait years for upgrades to installed software.
The new Office largely adopts the look of last year's Windows 8, with a cleaner, more modern-looking design and includes touch-screen capability.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products