Nokia launches tablet, joins large-screen smartphone race
Abu Dhabi: Nokia unveiled its first tablet and two large-screen smartphones, known as phablets, at the annual Nokia World event in Abu Dhabi on Monday.
The Lumia 2520 tablet, along with its Lumia 1520 and 1620 phablets, are among the last products the Finnish company developed to compete with Apple and Samsung before deciding to sell its handset business to Microsoft.
The new Lumias use Microsoft`s Windows Phone operating system and will face tough competition from large-screen smartphones from Samsung and Apple, which is also expected to unveil slimmer, faster iPads on Tuesday.
The Microsoft deal is due to close in the first quarter of next year and the new products, which will still carry the Nokia brand, are part of the U.S. company`s drive to become a leading player in global consumer devices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20