Bhel bags Rs 96 crore worth order from NTPC
Bangalore: State-owned Bhel on Thursday said its electronics division here has bagged an order worth Rs 96 crore from NTPC to set up a 15 MW-solar power plant in Uttar Pradesh.
The engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) order is for design, manufacture, testing, erection and commissioning of the 15 MW grid-Interactive solar power plant at Singrauli in Uttar Pradesh, the company said in a statement.
BHEL will execute the project covering all works from concept to commissioning and will operate and maintain the project for one year, it added.
The solar plant will come up near the 2000 MW thermal power plant of NTPC at Singrauli. On completion, it is expected to supply over 23 million units of solar power every year to the Uttar Pradesh State grid.
The company said BHEL-electronics division is also executing two more solar power plants of 10MW each for NTPC at Unchahar in Uttar Pradesh and Talcher in Orissa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300