CIL to seek revised MDO contract interest next week
Kolkata: Coal India is to come out with a revised tender next week for request for qualification (RFQ) for mine development in seven projects.
"Based on discussions with participants we have modified and refined the terms of RFQ for inviting Mine Developer and Operator(MDO). We will release the tender next week," Coal India chairman S Narsing Rao said here on Saturday.
He was speaking on the sidelines of a seminar organised by The Mining, Geological and Metallurgical Institute.
"There will be seven projects (two underground and five open cast mines) in the revised MDO tender with total peak production capacity of 17.5 million tonne per annum," he said.
Rao said among the terms which were changed were relaxation on qualification for greater participation.
Rao said CIL was aiming to offer the MDO contract by March 2014.
In April, government had said two Australian companies had shown interest in developing Coal India's opencast mines and four British and Chinese companies in the PSU's four underground mines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300