Coal India workers defer strike to December
Kolkata: Coal India workers' union has decided to defer its proposed three-day strike to December 17.
The move by Coal India workers' union comes after the management assured them of facilitating further discussion with the government regarding the proposed disinvestment and restructuring of the mining company.
"We do not want to spoil the mood of prospective investors," S Q Zama, secretary general of the Indian Mineworkers' Federation, told reporters after four-hour long meeting with the Coal India management.
The strike was earlier planned from September 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20