Maruti closes Gurgaon, Manesar plant for a day
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The country's largest car maker Maruti Suzuki India has gone for a one day production shut-down at its two plants at Gurgaon and Manesar Friday ahead of a six-day scheduled maintenance closure later this month.
The one day shut-down of the two plants is to adjust production to market demand, a company spokesperson said yesterday, adding that the plants will also remain closed on June 8 for a scheduled holiday, the spokesperson added.
"The scheduled maintenance shutdown (of the two plants) is from June 17 to June 22," the spokesperson said.
The development comes in the wake of continued slump in the automobile market. MSI had reported 14.4 percent decline in its total sales in May this year at 84,677 units. It's domestic sales declined 13 percent at 77,821 units, over 89,478 units in May, 2012.
MSI has been producing about 5,000 units per day from its Gurgaon and Manesar plants. The company at present has a total installed annual capacity of about 15 lakh units, which will go up to 17.5 lakh units by September this year when its third unit at Manesar goes onstream.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300