Oil PSUs employed 3,872 people in FY'11
"Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) recruited the highest 1,426 personnel, followed by Indian OIl Corp (IOC) with 989 recruitments," it said.
Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd (BPCL) hired 362 persons, Engineers India Ltd 291, Hindustan Petroleum 275, Oil India Ltd 237 and GAIL India Ltd recruited 218 personnel.
Balmer Lawrie hired 42, Beicco Lawrie 15 and Numaligarh Refinery Ltd 17.
"More than one-third of the new recruitments were from SC, ST and OBC categories. While 546 persons belong to SC category, 296 persons to ST category and 562 personnel to OBC category," the statement said.
Of the 3,872 personnel hired, 1,494 were management cadre and rest 2,378 non-management cadre. ONGC hired six in management cadre and 1,420 in non-management grade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300