PMO orders probe into Walmart-Bharti deal
New Delhi: The Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) has ordered a probe into the alleged FDI norms violation by Walmart and Bharti, as per a TV Channel report.
As per CNBC TV 18 report, the PMO has directed the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) to examine the charges.
Former Kerala Chief Minister and Rajya Sabha MP VS Achuthanandan had alleged that Walmart and Bharti have flouted FDI norms while striking an investment deal. Achuthanandan had raised the matter in Parliament during the monsoon session.
Espousing the allegation regarding the violation of FDI norms, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee too demanded yesterday that the deal between the two companies be terminated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300