Zee Media Bureau
Bankers led by SBICAP Trustee seized Vijay Mallya’s villa in Goa on May 13.
Mallya's ‘Kingfisher Villa’ situated near Candolim beach was taken over by SBI.
Brief sequence of events:
- SBI bank officials entered Mallya's villa in the morning and sealed the main gate.
- Thereafter, they prepared a list of luxury items present inside the villa. This took 2 years for the concerned local authorities to grant permission for seizing the property. However, on May 13, after district collector's order, the palatial residential property was taken over by the SBI bank officials. The entire exercise was conducted in presence of the local police, with due notices issued from the local administration in hand.
- Earlier Kingfisher Airlines, United Breweries and United Spirits had lodged strong protest against the same, but all went in vain.
- Already CBI has requested interpol to issue red corner notice against Vijay Mallya.
- Now, when the Kingfisher villa is sealed and SBI will look to auction it to recover some of its dues, other lenders will also proceed aggresisvely.