Reliance Jio 4G: Things you need to know before buying the offer
Consumers across the country can avail Reliance Jio's services from Monday onwards, as the company opens its doors to all potential users having any 4G-enabled handset in an aggressive quest to garner 100 million subscribers.
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Consumers across the country can avail Reliance Jio's services from Monday onwards, as the company opens its doors to all potential users having any 4G-enabled handset in an aggressive quest to garner 100 million subscribers.
The offer - 'welcome offer' - from September 5 will provide unlimited services till up to December 31, after which users have been promised voice calls -- both local and STD -- as well as roaming free of cost, for life.
The data charges are also pegged as low as Rs 50 per GB, compared to Rs 250 a GB prevailing in the market.
However, there are certain things everyone must know before switching over to the mobile network:
1) For anyone using Jio services for the first time, voice calls are free. However, the cost of video calls will deducted from the data-calling pack that you have purchased
2) Jio says that WiFi data will be free at night. However, “unlimited at night” offer applies only for 2 am to 5 am period. Beyond this, charges will be deducted from your data pack.
3) In order to avail Jio apps, you need subscription. Good news is that it's free till December 31. Still, usage of data requires you to pay through your data pack. These apps only work on Jio network.
4) 100 local and national SMS are free per day in most prepaid plans. It's not mentioned what happens after the limit is exhausted.
5) You must have a smartphone that supports 4G and Voice-over LTE. Not all 4G smartphones support Voice-over LTE.
6) Once 4GB data is used up, you will be charged Rs 250/GB with 10 KB charging pulse. For postpaid plans, the additional data comes free but with a reduced speed of 128Kbps.