Somany Ceramics Q3 net up 72.51 percent at Rs 8.16 crore
New Delhi: Tiles maker Somany Ceramics on Wednesday reported a 72.51 percent rise in its net profit at Rs 8.16 crore for the quarter ended December 31, 2012, mainly on account of value added products.
The company had posted a net profit of Rs 4.73 crore for same period previous fiscal, Somany Ceramics said.
Net sales of the company stood at Rs 266.23 crore for the quarter under consideration as against Rs 216.46 crore for the corresponding period last fiscal.
Commenting on the results, Somany Ceramics Joint Managing Director Abhishek Somany said, "Our ongoing efforts in providing our patrons with the latest and most advanced digital technology tiles had a healthy impact on top and bottom lines...".
The company's focus remains on increasing the share of value added products including VC Shield, a patented product, large format glazed vitrified tiles and double charge polished vitrified tiles, which will continue to drive growth..., he added.
Shares of Somany Ceramics were trading on Wednesday at Rs 104.60 per scrip on BSE, down 5 percent from its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300