Tata Sons ropes in BSE MD Kannan to head biz development
New Delhi: Tata Sons on Tuesday said it has appointed Madhu Kannan, currently Managing Director of BSE, to head Tata Group's business development.
"Madhu Kannan (38) will soon join Tata Sons as Group Head -- Business Development reporting to the Deputy Chairman, Cyrus P Mistry," Tata Sons said in a statement.
In a separate statement, BSE Ltd said: "Kannan has expressed his intention not to seek a new term at the expiry of his current term ending May 2012, to pursue another opportunity."
He will work with the BSE board to ensure that there is a seamless succession process, BSE Ltd added. Kannan joined the BSE from Bank of America - Merrill Lynch where he was a Managing Director in the Corporate Strategy Group.
Prior to Bank of America-Merrill Lynch, Kannan was Senior Vice President at NYSE Euronext.
During his stint at NYSE Euronext, he served in various roles including Vice President, Corporate Client Group, Head of International Listings (Asia Pacific Region), and Managing Director, International Strategy and Business Development of the Exchange.
Kannan is an alumnus of BITS, Pilani and an MBA from Vanderbilt University, USA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300