Don't eat onions: Supreme Court
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Friday declined to entertain a public interest litigation (PIL) seeking direction to the government to regulate the prices of onions and other vegetables.
'Stop eating onions, prices will come down," said the apex court bench headed by Justice B.S. Chauhan.
The court told the PIL petitioner that it should not be burdened with such public interest suits.
Onion exports had come down substantially to 29,000 tonnes last year in August due to the curbs. In the April-November period of 2013, about 8.53 lakh tonnes of onions were shipped overseas compared with 18.22 lakh tonnes in the same period in 2012-13.
With Agencies Input
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300