Government to create awareness about MGNREGS
New Delhi: The government is planning to launch an awareness programme to highlight various aspects of the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS), an official said here Sunday.
The rural development ministry has formulated a comprehensive communication strategy exclusively for the national rural jobs scheme, a senior ministry official said.
The strategy aims to create awareness about the jobs scheme among rural people and other stakeholders, especially workers, and facilitate dissemination of information about the right-based provisions of MGNREGS.
This will ensure that the workers exercise their right to demand wage employment and apply for such employment as per their need, the official added.
Apart from recent studies, a performance audit report by the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India on MGNREGS had pointed out the lack of awareness among rural people about the scheme.
The CAG report further highlighted the absence of any strategy to address the issue in most of the states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300