Govt to rethink EPFO circular on take home salary
Mumbai/New Delhi: In what could bring respite to lakhs of employers, the government has decided to review the Employees Provident Fund Organisation’s (EPFO) decision that could render the people with a lesser take home pay.
A new circular issued by the EPFO had meant a lower pay because allowances paid to employees will have to be added back to the basic salary and provident fund (PF) contributions computed against this higher value.
The circular dated November 30 stated that basic wages will include all allowances which are paid to the employees. Thus, various allowances such as conveyance, educational allowance, medical allowance, etc. will have to be taken into consideration while computing the PF contribution.
However, as per a Times of India report, the government might ‘rethink’ the EPFO circular, citing reasons that the move was ‘largely meant to protect employees earning below Rs 6,500 per month’ (for whom EPF is mandatory).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300