Railways' earnings up by 12%
New Delhi: Railways has earned Rs 33,497.09 crore during April-June as against Rs 29,926.67 cr during the same period last year, registering an increase of 11.93 percent.
The total goods earnings have gone up from Rs 21,211.41 cr during April-June last year to Rs 23,193.98 cr during the corresponding period this year, registering an increase of 9.35 percent, officials said.
The total passenger earnings in the first three months of the current fiscal were Rs 8,724.66 cr as compared to Rs 7,462.17 cr in the same period last year, registering an increase of 16.92 percent, they said.
The earnings from other sources amounted to Rs 1,014.36 cr as compared to Rs 744.73 cr last year, an increase of 36.21 percent, the officials said.
However, the number of passengers who booked tickets during April-June 2013 were 2,100.20 million as compared to 2,114.69 million during the same period last year, showing a decrease of 0.69 percent, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300