SC notice to RBI, EC, centre on PIL delinking LPG from Aadhar
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday sent notice to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), the Election Commission and the central government asking that services like the subsidised gas cylinder be delinked from the Aadhar card on a public interest litigation was filed in the the Kerala high court
Supreme Court had earlier said in a ruling that Aadhaar should not be linked to domestic gas subsidy has only angered them more with no clarity coming from the district administration on the issue.
The Aadhaar platform, which provides a resident is a 12-digit unique number after recording bio metric information like fingerprints and iris, is being used to implement the cash transfer scheme.
The direct cash transfer for LPG started on June 1 in 19 districts. The government gave three-month grace period to enable consumers to get Aadhaar card and seed it in their bank accounts. After the expiry of this period, cash subsidy is being provided only to consumers who have Aadhaar cards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products