• Mphasis and Piramal Enterprises edged lower after NSE announced to drop them from F&O segment w.e.f. December 28: Mphasis (1.79 percent) and Piramal Enterprises (0.33 percent) both declined on the back of this news.
• HMT rallied on the buzz of financial assistance to be provided by Cabinet: Stock soared 3.24 percent after reports suggested that Cabinet is likely to approve financial assistance of Rs 413 Cr in the form of grant.
• Kajaria Ceramics hit a new high: Share touched 52 week high of Rs. 219.6 after declaring a better set of numbers. Q2 profits were up 38 percent on yearly basis.
• Karnataka Bank shoned after robust Q2 results: Counter gained nearly 5.5 percent after profitability of the bank jumped two-fold to Rs 117 crore on yearly basis.
• Exide Industries scaled record highs: Stock touched 52 week high levels of Rs. 163.25 on price hike report.
First Published: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 20:09