Rupee gains 43 paise at 62.95 Vs dollar in early trade
Mumbai: The rupee on Thursday strengthened further by 43 paise to trade at fresh three-week high of 62.95 against the dollar in early trade boosted by consistent capital inflows and dollar sales by exporters.
The domestic currency has spurted by 425 paise or 6.28 percent in last five straight sessions.
The rupee had gained 46 paise to close at 63.38 yesterday against the dollar on the back of fresh RBI steps to boost foreign fund inflows and hopes of a diplomatic solution in Syria.
Dealers said besides increased capital inflows driven by recent measures announced by the RBI, a higher opening in domestic equity market and dollar's weakening against major currencies overseas helped the rupee rise.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark index Sensex rose by 54.60 points, or 0.27 percent, to 20,052.05 in early trade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300