Rupee hits 1-1/2 week high in early trade
The rupee is trading at 60.02/03 versus its previous close of 60.0925/1025, after hitting 59.98, its highest since July 14.
The Nifty is trading down 0.26 percent and moves will be monitored for clues on foreign fund flows.
Asian stock markets edge broadly higher after a surprisingly strong reading on Chinese manufacturing bolsters hopes for recovery in the world`s second-biggest economy.
The rupee is seen in 59.90 to 60.20 range during the day.
Importer dollar demand to meet month-end payment commitments will limit gains in the Indian unit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300