Rupee hits 1-1/2 week high in early trade
The rupee is trading at 60.02/03 versus its previous close of 60.0925/1025, after hitting 59.98, its highest since July 14.
The Nifty is trading down 0.26 percent and moves will be monitored for clues on foreign fund flows.
Asian stock markets edge broadly higher after a surprisingly strong reading on Chinese manufacturing bolsters hopes for recovery in the world`s second-biggest economy.
The rupee is seen in 59.90 to 60.20 range during the day.
Importer dollar demand to meet month-end payment commitments will limit gains in the Indian unit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products