Tata Sons releases 1.7 cr pledged shares of TCS
New Delhi: IT major Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Friday said one of its promoter has released 1.7 crore pledged shares of the firm.
In a filing to the BSE, TCS said its promoter Tata Sons Ltd released a total of 1,73,50,000 shares of the company on April 8 and April 12.
For the quarter ended December 31, 2012, Tata Sons holds 1,44,34,51,698 shares, or 73.75 percent stake, in TCS.
Tata Sons, which is the holding company of the over USD 100 billion salt-to-software conglomerate, is the promoter of the major operating Tata companies and holds significant shareholdings in these firms.
About 66 percent of the equity capital of Tata Sons is held by philanthropic trusts endowed by members of the Tata family.
It owns the Tata name and several Tata trademarks, which are registered in India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products