Tech Mahindra shares surge nearly 8% post Q4 results
Mumbai: Shares of Tech Mahindra today surged nearly 8 percent after the software exporter reported 24.7 percent jump in net profit for the fourth quarter ended March, 2013.
After making a positive opening, shares of the company further jumped 7.70 percent to Rs 979.85 on the BSE.
At NSE, the stock zoomed up by 7.64 percent to Rs 979.45.
India's sixth largest software exporter Tech Mahindra had yesterday reported 24.7 percent jump in net profit at Rs 377.2 crore in the fourth quarter ended March 31, helped by favourable currency movement and focus on operating matrix.
Net profit stood at Rs 302.5 crore in the January- March 2012 quarter.
"Focus on operating matrix and some currency fluctuations have helped the company post good profit. We have seen 9.2 percent growth in dollar terms. The growth is in line with our strategy of broad-based revenue," Tech Mahindra Managing Director C P Gurnani said.
Meanwhile, in the stock market the BSE benchmark Sensex was trading at 20,155.25, up 43.64 points at 1148 hrs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300