General Re eyes South Korea's Tong Yang Life: report
Tong Yang's majority stakeholder Vogo Fund is seeking to sell its up to 60.7 percent stake in the insurer worth about 937 billion won ($808.66 million).
General Re signed a confidentiality agreement with Tong Yang to participate in the deal, MoneyToday reported, citing officials with knowledge of the matter.
Macquarie is expected to advise General Re on the deal, with bidding to take place in January, the report said.
Vogo Fund declined to comment.
Shares in Tong Yang Life were up 1.4 percent after rising as much as 12 percent earlier, in a wider market .KS11 that was down 1.1 percent as of 0442 GMT.
South Korean conglomerate Hanwha Group, which runs Korea Life Insurance (088350.KS), said this month it was considering buying Tong Yang Life Insurance. Prudential Financial Inc (PRU.N), the second-largest life insurer in the United states, and Canada's largest insurer Manulife (MFC.TO) have also been named as potentials suitors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20