Swiss banking sector may face more job cuts: Report
Zurich: Switzerland's banking industry may have to slash 10,000 jobs by the end of next year, particularly at Swiss subsidiaries of big foreign banks, Swiss newspaper SonntagsZeitung reported.
"I expect around 10 percent of jobs in the Swiss banking industry to disappear by the end of next year," Eduardo Leeman, head of Falcon Private Bank, was quoted as saying in the newspaper report.
The paper also quoted another banker as saying foreign banks, in particular Italian and French lenders, were likely to slash jobs.
Banks around the globe have announced massive job cuts to reduce costs. UBS said earlier this week it would axe 3,500 jobs and rivals such as Barclays, Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse and HSBC have also announced thousands of job cuts in recent weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20