Tokyo stocks down 0.70% in early trade
Tokyo: Tokyo stocks were down 0.70 percent on Tuesday morning ahead of the start of a US Federal Reserve policy meeting as investors look for clues on the future of its massive stimulus drive.
The benchmark Nikkei 225 index, which rose 2.73 percent the previous day, was down 91.32 points to 12,941.80 by the break, while the Topix index of all first-section shares slipped 0.29 percent, or 3.14 points, to 1,081.58.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300