US wholesale inventories go up
Washington: US inventories at the wholesale level registered a solid month-on-month increase in September, while wholesale sales also gained momentum, the US Department of Commerce's figures revealed.
Inventories at the wholesale level added 1.1 percent in September from August to $494.2 billion, or up 7.5 percent from a year ago, reported Xinhua.
Sales at the wholesale level rose 2 percent in September from August to $414 billion, and were up 4.4 percent from a year earlier.
Economists noted that the US wholesale inventories and sales growth in recent months were fresh evidence of the economy's ongoing recovery, as personal consumption accounted for about 70 percent of the total economic activity in the world's largest economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products