Apple acquires location data firm Locationary to fix Maps issues
Washington: Apple has reportedly acquired a new company called Locationary to improve its Maps service, after it''s inexperience in the mapping field started posing problems, with results being hilariously inaccurate.
According to the Washington Post, the acquisition of Locationary, which helps businesses manage their local data through an online platform, is expected to fix its current problems.
A lot of criticism had been generated over the inclusion of inaccurate places and location information and people focusing on the company''s efforts had been expecting such a move.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20