Lenovo declines comment on Sony Vaio PC buy report
Hong Kong: Lenovo Group Ltd declined to comment on a weekend media report that the Chinese personal computer maker was in talks with Japan`s Sony Corp about a possible joint venture to buy Sony`s loss-making Vaio PC business overseas.
"We do not comment on market rumour or speculation," Angela Lee, director of global corporate communications at Lenovo, wrote in an emailed response to Reuters on Tuesday.
Lenovo shares earlier tumbled as much as 15.7 percent to HK$8.48 on the media report and broker downgrades after last week`s announcement that Lenovo would buy Google Inc`s Motorola handset division for $2.9 billion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300