Microsoft planning Oct 25 launch for Surface tablet, Windows 8
London: Tech giant, Microsoft is planning a midnight launch for its new ‘Surface’ tablet on October 25, as the firm seeks to build momentum ahead of its debut in the tablet market.
Along with the tab, Microsoft's new dual operating system, Windows 8, will also be launched at midnight, and both products will then be available at a series of pop-up stores in the US, which will be opened specifically on the morning of October 26.
Surface will use the new Windows 8 operating system, which the company hopes will help challenge products made by Apple and Google, and allow users to replace their iPads and Windows 7 laptops with Windows 8 tablets, the Telegraph reports.
According to the paper, the latest version of Windows will be the system's biggest revolution in nearly 20 years, whose dual operating system will consist of a mode that looks similar to Windows 7, and a tablet operating system, which sits alongside it.
The price of Surface has yet to be confirmed, but earlier in the year Microsoft claimed the tablets would cost a "competitive" amount, the paper said.
The tablet will also be available in two different sizes, and both will feature 10.6" HD displays and a stand so they can be stood upright to watch videos or films, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20