Now, pay to promote your friends’ Facebook posts
Washington: If you really like a friend’s Facebook post, you would be asked to shell out some cash to ensure it gets seen by others on the social networking site.
Facebook has announced that users can now pay to promote a friend's status update and ensure it's widely viewed.
The move comes as Facebook is expanding its Promoted Post feature, which was launched in October, the Huffington Post reports.
Previously, individuals could only pay to promote their own posts and guarantee they'd be seen by over 16 percent of their friends, which is the average reach for a Facebook status update).
According to the report, sponsoring a friend's post guarantees it will appear in a higher percentage of his or her friends' News Feeds.
Facebook ensured that the new tool will ‘respect the privacy of the original poster -- i.e. it will promote to everyone who originally saw it.’
However, users needn't receive their friend's permission before pushing his or her post to more people, and individuals will be notified only after the promotion has been purchased, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300