Twitter investors poised to reap rewards with IPO
New York: New York venture capitalist Fred Wilson, a managing partner in Union Square Ventures, has become the earliest out of Twitter backers set to cash in on the company’s public debut, along with a few others.
According to the New York Post, when Twitter was barely a twinkle in co-founder Jack Dorsey’s eye, Wilson, was one of the few investors to see its potential to change the world, and make a lot of money in the process.
Wilson invested in Twitter in 2008, when its value was pegged at around 100 million dollars, the report said.
Today, analysts say the IPO could value Twitter at a whopping 10 billion dollars, the report added.
Along with Wilson, other early investors include Amazon boss Jeff Bezos, Ron Conway, Marc Andreessen and Twitter CEO Dick Costolo, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300