IRDA introduces File and Use procedure for life products
New Delhi: To fast-track the approval mechanism, insurance sector regulator IRDA re-introduced the process of automatic clearance to life insurance products.
Irda said in a circular that the process "...Requires the insurers to submit a copy of policy document with policy schedule under File and Use application...In respect of all products filed from April 1, 2013 onwards".
Irda had dispensed with the submission of policy document under File and Use or automatic clearance procedure in 2007.
The regulator said it has re-introduced the approval of policy bond under File and Use procedure as various stakeholders of the life insurance industry approached it on the issue.
"Therefore, the Authority would be placing all the terms and conditions of the products approved on its website."
At present, Irda approves all insurance products on File and Use basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20