IRDA introduces File and Use procedure for life products
New Delhi: To fast-track the approval mechanism, insurance sector regulator IRDA re-introduced the process of automatic clearance to life insurance products.
Irda said in a circular that the process "...Requires the insurers to submit a copy of policy document with policy schedule under File and Use application...In respect of all products filed from April 1, 2013 onwards".
Irda had dispensed with the submission of policy document under File and Use or automatic clearance procedure in 2007.
The regulator said it has re-introduced the approval of policy bond under File and Use procedure as various stakeholders of the life insurance industry approached it on the issue.
"Therefore, the Authority would be placing all the terms and conditions of the products approved on its website."
At present, Irda approves all insurance products on File and Use basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300