The real estate industry, which had pinned high hopes on the Union Budget for revival of the liquidity-starved sector, welcomed some of the proposals of Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, but said there was no clarity on development of 100 smart cities.
In a significant recommendation, the 14th Finance Commission has called for reforms in property tax regime by giving powers to panchyats and municipalities to levy the tax on plinth basis with a provision for periodic revision and minimising grant of exemptions.
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products