Seven Maoists were killed in a gunfight with security forces here on Tuesday.
An IAS officer, BL Agrawal, was arrested here on Tuesday allegedly for offering bribe to officials to "fix" a pending case against him in a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court.
CBI today arrested Principal Secretary in Chhattisgarh Government B L Agrawal and two others in connection with an alleged bribery case. It is alleged that Agrawal, an IAS officer of 1988 batch, wanted to "settle" a CBI probe against him.
A court in Chhattisgarh's Korba district has sentenced two police personnel to four years in jail for taking bribe.
Noting that Naxals are on "backfoot", newly-appointed Inspector General of Police (in-charge) Bastar Range Sundarraj P, who replaced controversial officer S R P Kalluri.
Ten Maoists are believed to have been killed in a heavy exchange of fire when they attacked a police camp in Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh.
At least five persons were killed in a road accident late on Sunday night in Chhattisgarh.
A District Reserve Group jawan was today injured when a pressure bomb laid by Naxals went-off in a forest of Chhattisgarh's Dantewada district.
195 lower rung Naxals, including 24 women, on Sunday surrendered in Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
The two jawans were working on the safety of road construction when the incident took place.
Two women and a minor girl were killed while four others injured when a pressure landmine, suspected to have been laid by Naxals, went off in a dense forest pocket of Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Narayanpur district, police said today.
A CRPF jawan and a sniffer dog were on Thursday injured in a pressure bomb blast allegedly triggered by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district, police said.
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has prima facie found 16 women victims of rape, sexual and physical assault by the state police personnel in Chhattisgarh`s tribal Bastar region.
In a big boost for the BJP government in Chhattisgarh led by of Dr Raman Singh, the ruling party on Friday won the Bhilai-Charoda and Sarangarh mayoral posts in the recent held civic polls here.
As many as 8,582 villages have so far been declared 'open defecation free' in Chhattisgarh, which is targeting to becoming an ODF state by October 2018.
Raman Singh said, "It was the blessings and trust of people that led the party to win three consecutive elections in the state. We do politics of development."
Police said if the money was found to be of Naxals, legal action will be taken against the bank account holders.
Two CRPF jawans were injured in an IED blast in Sukma yesterday.
At least 14 bogies of a goods train derailed here on Sunday, leading to disruption of rail traffic on the Howrah-Mumbai route, Railway officials said.
So far, bodies of 15 Maoists of their military formations have been recovered by the Bastar Police in this month as part of the ongoing `Mission 2016 Bastar`.
The winter session of Chhattisgarh Legislative Assembly will begin today in Raipur.
Nandini Sundar has been named in a complaint by the wife of Shamnath Baghel, who was killed by Maoists last Friday in his village in Maoist-hit Bastar.
The Border Security Force (BSF) on Monday said it seized over Rs 5 lakh "unaccounted" demonetised Rs 500 and 1,000 notes from a person travelling in bus in Chhattisgarh's Kanker district.
On November 7, Delhi University Professor Sundar, JNU professor Archana Prasad and others were booked on charges of murder of a tribal villager in Chhattisgarh.
In a tragic incident, senior Congress leader Ajay Singh's nephew was shot dead by Naxals in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh in the wee hours on Friday.
Assistant sub-inspector Narbad Boga (54) was killed around 6 PM near Chirchari village on Raipur-Nagpur national highway, police said.
A tribal villager, who was at the forefront of a protest against Maoist activities in his village, was killed by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district, police said on Sunday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday celebrated Bhai Dooj in Chhattisgarh and assured the women that he will continue to work for the welfare of Mother India.
Pitching for the empowerment of the poor, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday said skilled youth can pull themselves out of poverty and help fuel the engine of growth.
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- DNA: BJP President Amit Shah's Exclusive interview
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- LPG Gas Cylinder blasts in a restaurant in Delhi's Vikash Puri area killed 2 firemen, 2 injured
- Watch - Shivratri festival being observed with great enthusiasm across the country
- Delighted to be a part of Maha Shivratri celebrations: PM Modi in Coimbatore
- ABVP, SFI activists clash in Pune University; many injured
- DNA: Today in history, 24 February, 2017
- DNA: Why Farooq Abdullah is having so much love towards anti-nationals?
- DNA: Former CM Kalikho Pul’s suicide note casts corruption allegations on judiciary
- DNA : Today in history, 23 February
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details
- Watch: Ravindra Jadeja teases Aussie captain Steve Smith with hilarious impersonation
- With love from Pakistan: Grant Elliot's unique PSL celebration has conquered the world — WATCH
- WATCH: Ravindra Jadeja cannot stop laughing after bowling one of the worst balls ever in Test cricket
- Zee Media Exclusive: BJP will win 300+ seats in Uttar Pradesh, says Amit Shah
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!
- Kanpur train derailment: PM Narendra Modi hints at Pakistan hand
- Arun Jaitley's sarcastic take on Congress – Here's what he said