The CRPF has suspended its commander who led the team which came under attack by Naxalites in Chhattisgarh's Sukma on April 24.
A district leader of the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) was booked for allegedly posting an "obscene" message against a woman IAS officer on a social media platform in Chhattisgarh's Raigarh, police said today.
Nearly a month after the Sukma attack, three Maoists surrendered to CRPF personnel during an anti-Maoist operation in Chhattisgarh's Jagdalpur district on Friday.
A major attack took place in Sukma on May 1, killing As many as 25 (CRPF) personnel and injuring five others.
Naxals stormed construction site, warned the workers and torched a tractor and a mixture machine.
Disappointed with the "hollow" Maoist ideology, 21 Naxalites, three of them carrying cash reward on their heads, today surrendered in Chhattisgarh's Bastar district.
A joint team of CRPF, CoBRA, Special Task Force and District Reserve Group carried out the operation.
According to CRPF, around 350 jawans are taking part in the operations.
A police personnel was killed and two others injured in a shootout with Maoists in Chhattisgarh`s Bijapur district, officials said on Monday.
Of the 26 Maoists apprehended, 15 were involved in the deadly ambush in Sukma district in Chhattisgarh on April 24.
Kundan carried a reward of Rs 15 lakh on his head, Ranchi Senior Superintendent of Police Kuldeep Dwivedi told reporters.
The encounter took place at 10 a.m. in Timarpur jungles under Bijapur District in Chhattisgarh between Naxals and a joint team of 204 Cobra (CRPF) and DRG (Chhattisgarh Police).
At least two District Reserve Group (DRG) personnel were injured after an encounter broke out between security forces and Naxals in Bijapur on Sunday.
Two personnel of the District Reserve Group (DRG) were on Sunday injured in an encounter with Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district.
The jawan was on security duty in the camp when he took the extreme step this afternoon.
Toilets have gone "missing" from a house in a Chhattisgarh village and a woman and her daughter want a bewildered police to trace them fast.
An encounter took place between the Border Security Force (BSF) personnel and Maoists in Chhattisgarh's Pankhajur area on Thursday.
The CoBRA (Commando Battalion for Resolute Action) are masters of guerrilla warfare.
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh on Monday outlined 'Mission Sukma', which suggests use of air power, targeting naxal leadership, continuous development works among others, to eradicate the left-wing extremism from the worst affected district of the state.
Nearly a fortnight after Maoists claimed lives of at least 25 CRPF troopers in Chhattisgarh, the central government is all set to hold a ministerial-level review meeting on Monday to discuss security issues in Maoist-affected states.
Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) soldiers on Saturday arrested at least nine people from Chintalnar and Chintagufa areas of Chhattisgarh Sukma Naxal attack when 25 jawans were killed in an ambush.
Two naxal commanders were gunned down in retaliatory action by the CRPF after the Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district last week in which 25 security personnel were killed, police today claimed.
At least 11 persons are being interrogated for their suspected links to the last week's Naxal attack on CRPF personnel in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district, the police said on Thursday.
Three naxals, two of them from Odisha, were arrested during a search operation in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma, police said today.
The NIA is mandated to probe terror attacks anywhere in the country. The government considers the CPI (Maoists), which perpetrated the violence, as a terrorist organisation.
Officials, who visited some of the interior camps of the CRPF in Bastar region, have found that the quality of water is substandard resulting in many of them falling sick.
Following the Sukma incident, wherein as many as 25 Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel were killed in the encounter with the Maoists, all Road Opening Party (ROP) duties of the security forces' personnel in Maoist-affected areas has been suspended for two weeks.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) on Saturday arrested four Naxals in Chhattisgarh`s Bijapur district during a search operation.The arrest comes days after the deadly Sukma attack where 25 CRPF personnel were killed in an encounter with Naxals.
The posters, which read “Wanted dead or alive”, were issued by the Chhattisgarh Police for info about the attackers, ANI reported on Friday.
Maoists based in the Bastar region of Chhattisgarh have claimed responsibility for the recent attack on CRPF jawans – the worst in few years – and warned the security forces not to come in way of their revolution.
- Indian Army destroys Pakistani military posts to prevent infiltration
- Revealed - The truth behind Rajiv Gandhi's assassination
- Amarnath Yatra: High-level security meet held in Delhi
- Delhi: BSP leader, family murdered by business partner
- Nawaz Sharif not allowed to speak at Donald Trump event in Saudi Arabia
- Political backing has increased the scope of operations on LoC: General Bikram Singh
- I will continue to expose Kejriwal, says Kapil Mishra
- Manchester attack: At least 19 dead, dozens injured after blast at Ariana Grande concert
- PM Modi's address at the annual general meet of African Development Bank
- Exclusive: In conversation with Yogi Adityanath, CM of Uttar Pradesh
- All you need to know about Manchester attack
- Two killed as land caves-in at BCCL coal mine area in Dhanbad
- DNA: Analysing Pakistan's retaliatory video showing damaged Indian posts
- RJD leader Prabhunath Singh gets life sentence in 22-year-old murder case
- Jharkhand lynching: How WhatsApp rumours lead to killing of 7 people
- Vishu Bumper 2017: Kerala lottery result declared; winner gets Rs 4 crore as first prize - Check winning ticket numbers here
- Vivek Oberoi's gift to acid attack survivor Lalita Benbansi on her wedding day will melt your heart!
- Pakistani posts destroyed by Indian Army in Naushera sector - Watch Video
- Manchester terror attack: As it happened
- Megresults.nic.in, mbose.in SSLC 10th Results 2017 MOBSE: Meghalaya board Tura Class 10th (X) SSLC Results 2017 to be announced today soon
- US revives New Silk Road, Indo-Pacific Economic Corridor to counter China's OBOR; India may play key role
- manresults.nic.in Manipur Examination Result 2017 declared: Check Manipur Class 12th Results 2017 /COHSEM 12th Result
- Pakistan fighter jets fly close to Siachen Glacier; PAF Chief says response to Indian aggression will be remembered for generations
- Pakistan dismisses India's claim of action on Pak posts along LoC, says "don't brag"
- When PM Narendra Modi stopped his convoy to let an ambulance go ahead
- Following Delhi HC order, CBSE Board Class 12th XII Result 2017 unlikley to be declared today
- PM Modi's bold decisions in last 3 years to transform perception of India on global platform: USIBC
- Saif Ali Khan talks about troubled equation with former wife Amrita Singh in throwback video!
- This woman sent a gift made out of garbage to PM Narendra Modi — Here's his reply
- This VIDEO of Indian Army destroying Pakistani posts will swell your chest with pride! MUST WATCH