A police jawan was killed by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district, police said today.
A woman was crushed to death when she was run over by a speeding truck in Chhattisgarh`s Jagdalpur on Tuesday.
The anti-insurgency operation was carried out by a joint team of BSF and the Special Task Force of Chhattisgarh Police.
As many as 13 Maoists, 11 of them allegedly involved in the Burkapal attack on CRPF personnel in April this year, were arrested from three separate places in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district on Monday.
The incident took place in the forest area, located 12 km south of the main town.
Senior tribal leader from Chhattisgarh and ex-parliamentarian Nand Kumar Sai in February assumed charge as chairman of the National Commission for Scheduled Tribes.
A 55-year-old woman was allegedly killed by her son on the suspicion that she practised `black magic' in Raipur on Wednesday.
The Naxals were arrested from Sukma`s Chintagufa and Fulbagdi areas.
A passenger bus in Chhattisgarh`s Narayanpur district was set on fire. No casualties were reported.
Presidential elections will be held on July 17 and counting will take place on July 20.
Fifteen Naxalites who were killed last month in anti-Naxal operation in Sukma were members of the People's Liberation Guerrilla Army (PLGA), said Devendra Chouhan; Inspector General (IG), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), on Thursday.
Senior Odisha BJP leader and Oil minister Dharmendra Pradhan has requested Union Water Resources minister Uma Bharti to advice Chattisgarh government to ensure free flow of water in Mahanandi river.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief Amit Shah arrived in Chahhttisgarh on a three-day visit eyeing the crucial SC/ST votes ahead of next year's assembly elections.
Expressing grief over the deaths of five farmers in violent protests in Madhya Pradesh's Mandsaur district, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh on Wednesday said innocent farmers are being used for political motives.
An exchange of fire took place between police and Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district yesterday.
A Naxalite was on Sunday gunned down in an exchange of fire with security personnel at a forest in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district, police said.
Thirteen Maoists, including some involved in the April massacre of CRPF troopers, were arrested on Thursday.
Growing up in Chhattisgarh's Naxalite-affected Dantewada district, Namrata Jain had one dream -- of joining the civil services.
At least 13 Naxals were arrested by security forces from Chintalnar and Chintagufa areas, in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh on Thursday.
Nandini KR, an officer of the Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), has topped the prestigious Civil services examination.
An encounter, which was underway between security forces and Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Narayanpur since Wednesday morning, ended without any casualties.
Naxals torched a bus after asking passengers to alight in Chhattisgarh's Narayanpur district while seven rebels were arrested on Tuesday following a face-off with police in a nearby area, an official said today.
Maoists have warned Bollywood star Akshay Kumar and ace badminton player Saina Nehwal.
The association planned to give Rs one lakh each to the families of the 25 CRPF soldiers. The officers, numbering 25,000 across the country contributed Rs.100 each for this noble cause, CBOA chairman J Vanangamudi told reporters.
Goel made the remarks during an event here themed Making of Developed India (MODI).
A complaint alleging social boycott was filed yesterday, following which the local police were directed to conduct investigation.
Last month, 25 CRPF jawans were slain in one of the deadliest Naxal attacks in Sukma district.
The CRPF has suspended its commander who led the team which came under attack by Naxalites in Chhattisgarh's Sukma on April 24.
A district leader of the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) was booked for allegedly posting an "obscene" message against a woman IAS officer on a social media platform in Chhattisgarh's Raigarh, police said today.
Nearly a month after the Sukma attack, three Maoists surrendered to CRPF personnel during an anti-Maoist operation in Chhattisgarh's Jagdalpur district on Friday.
- India's first traffic robot introduced in Indore
- Martyr Kashmiri cop Firoz Dar's poem on Facebook goes viral
- DNA: Analysing Anil Kumble's exit statement as India coach
- J&K: Three LeT terrorists killed in Pulwama
- DNA: Analysis of life taking speed breakers
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- Agra: Drunk policeman creates ruckus, assaults hotel staff
- Lucknow: 7-year-old girl dies after iron gate of UP Secretariat falls on her
- DNA: Today in History, June 21, 2016
- DNA: Analysing the power of yoga
- Presidential election: JD(U) supports NDA pick Ram Nath Kovind
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA: All you need to know about yoga
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- Bihar Board 10th result 2017: BSEB 10th result 2017/Matric result 2017 declared, check biharboard.ac.in; overall pass percentage is 50.12
- Delhi on high alert after Intelligence Bureau warns of London-style terror attack
- Virender Sehwag reacts on Anil Kumble's resignation, says Jumbo's shoes will be hard to fill
- Countdown begins as ISRO set to launch Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites Friday
- After Anil Kumble-Virat Kohli fiasco, fans demand return of MS Dhoni as India captain
- NEET Result 2017 LIVE: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- GST effect: AC, first class train fares to go up
- World must be prepared for an asteroid strike, warns scientist
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Virat Kohli vs Anil Kumble: Batting great Sunil Gavaskar demands clarification from India captain
- Refrain from promoting GST or face protest: Congress' advice to Amitabh Bachchan
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- China funding Pakistan's mega dam in Pak-occupied Kashmir?