Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) planted randomly in forests and places where frequent de- mining operations are not feasible pose a big challenge in the counter-insurgency operations in Chhattisgarh's Bastar division, says a senior police official
The wounded have been taken to the Pratappur Hospital and immediate treatment has been given to them.
Naxals opened fire on police near Munga forest and tried to escape when police surrounded them.
On 24 June, information began to be received that a heavy exchange of fire was on between Naxals and a combined party comprising of Special Task Force (STF) and District Reserve Guards (DRG) of Police in Tondamarka in Sukma.
A police jawan injured in an encounter with Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district succumbed to injuries on Sunday.
The CAF jawan is currently admitted in the district`s hospital for treatment.
A joint operation against the Maoists is ongoing in the state where police is claiming to have killed 15-20 Maoists. Nine Maoists have been arrested during the operations.
Manthir Singh Dhruv hanged himself in his home in Mokha village under Komakhan police station limits yesterday, a local police official told PTI.
A police jawan was killed by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district, police said today.
A woman was crushed to death when she was run over by a speeding truck in Chhattisgarh`s Jagdalpur on Tuesday.
The anti-insurgency operation was carried out by a joint team of BSF and the Special Task Force of Chhattisgarh Police.
As many as 13 Maoists, 11 of them allegedly involved in the Burkapal attack on CRPF personnel in April this year, were arrested from three separate places in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district on Monday.
The incident took place in the forest area, located 12 km south of the main town.
Senior tribal leader from Chhattisgarh and ex-parliamentarian Nand Kumar Sai in February assumed charge as chairman of the National Commission for Scheduled Tribes.
A 55-year-old woman was allegedly killed by her son on the suspicion that she practised `black magic' in Raipur on Wednesday.
The Naxals were arrested from Sukma`s Chintagufa and Fulbagdi areas.
A passenger bus in Chhattisgarh`s Narayanpur district was set on fire. No casualties were reported.
Presidential elections will be held on July 17 and counting will take place on July 20.
Fifteen Naxalites who were killed last month in anti-Naxal operation in Sukma were members of the People's Liberation Guerrilla Army (PLGA), said Devendra Chouhan; Inspector General (IG), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), on Thursday.
Senior Odisha BJP leader and Oil minister Dharmendra Pradhan has requested Union Water Resources minister Uma Bharti to advice Chattisgarh government to ensure free flow of water in Mahanandi river.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief Amit Shah arrived in Chahhttisgarh on a three-day visit eyeing the crucial SC/ST votes ahead of next year's assembly elections.
Expressing grief over the deaths of five farmers in violent protests in Madhya Pradesh's Mandsaur district, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh on Wednesday said innocent farmers are being used for political motives.
An exchange of fire took place between police and Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district yesterday.
A Naxalite was on Sunday gunned down in an exchange of fire with security personnel at a forest in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district, police said.
Thirteen Maoists, including some involved in the April massacre of CRPF troopers, were arrested on Thursday.
Growing up in Chhattisgarh's Naxalite-affected Dantewada district, Namrata Jain had one dream -- of joining the civil services.
At least 13 Naxals were arrested by security forces from Chintalnar and Chintagufa areas, in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh on Thursday.
Nandini KR, an officer of the Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), has topped the prestigious Civil services examination.
An encounter, which was underway between security forces and Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Narayanpur since Wednesday morning, ended without any casualties.
Naxals torched a bus after asking passengers to alight in Chhattisgarh's Narayanpur district while seven rebels were arrested on Tuesday following a face-off with police in a nearby area, an official said today.
- Watch: How floods cause complete mayhem in several parts of the country
- 1962 Indo-China war memorial in Gurugram vandalised
- Watch: Ram Nath Kovind sworn in as India's 14th President
- This is going to be new house of Pranab Mukherjee
- Watch - Volcano like eruption from Bokaro coal mine due to excessive rain
- Egypt: Tank crushes car in attempt to stop bomb blast in North Sinai
- PM Modi hails Nitish for moving out of Bihar 'Mahagathbandhan'
- DNA: All you need to know about Ram Nath Kovind, India's 14th President
- It's for Nitish Kumar to decide on allying with BJP: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- JD(U) chief said will die but not join BJP: Lalu Yadav
- NIA prepares 110-page dossier on 48 gang leaders of J&K stone pelters
- DNA: Today In History, July 25, 2017
- Gujarat floods: Death toll reaches 83; PM announces Rs 500 crore aid
- PM Narendra to undertake aerial survey of flood-hit areas in Gujarat
- DNA: Nonstop News
- Abu Dhabi hospital confirms Eman Ahmed's weight loss, says she's 65 kilos lighter!
- LIVE: Bihar CM Nitish Kumar says will respond to critics at the right time; PM Modi congratulates him
- Lizard found in biryani served to passenger travelling in Poorva Express
- National song Vande Mataram now mandatory in all schools, universities, offices across Tamil Nadu
- India's Tour of Sri Lanka: Yuvraj Singh trolls Shikhar Dhawan for not wearing shoes
- BJP's Keshav Prasad Maurya likely to resign from position of Deputy CM amid rumours of Mayawati contesting from Phulpur
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: How India evicted Pakistani intruders from the icy heights
- Nitish Kumar to resign? Bihar CM on way to meet Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi
- WATCH: Mithali Raj and Co receive rousing reception at Mumbai airport, on return from England
- Indian daughters, Pakistani daughters-in-law always welcome: Sushma Swaraj's lovely tweet wins hearts
- Kevin Pietersen's question to Team India's new head coach Ravi Shastri leaves Twitterati in splits
- Amid Doklam stand-off, Army Vice Chief warns 'China bound to be a future threat to India'
- Know how many times Nitish Kumar resigned from govt in past
- RBI stops printing of Rs 2000 note; accelerates production of Rs 200 notes – Know how it will affect you
- 4G speed on Jio network slowest in India; Airtel has the fastest: OpenSignal