Nobody was injured in the two incidents.
Seven Maoists were killed in a gunfight with security forces here on Tuesday.
An IAS officer, BL Agrawal, was arrested here on Tuesday allegedly for offering bribe to officials to "fix" a pending case against him in a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court.
CBI today arrested Principal Secretary in Chhattisgarh Government B L Agrawal and two others in connection with an alleged bribery case. It is alleged that Agrawal, an IAS officer of 1988 batch, wanted to "settle" a CBI probe against him.
A court in Chhattisgarh's Korba district has sentenced two police personnel to four years in jail for taking bribe.
Noting that Naxals are on "backfoot", newly-appointed Inspector General of Police (in-charge) Bastar Range Sundarraj P, who replaced controversial officer S R P Kalluri.
Ten Maoists are believed to have been killed in a heavy exchange of fire when they attacked a police camp in Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh.
At least five persons were killed in a road accident late on Sunday night in Chhattisgarh.
A District Reserve Group jawan was today injured when a pressure bomb laid by Naxals went-off in a forest of Chhattisgarh's Dantewada district.
195 lower rung Naxals, including 24 women, on Sunday surrendered in Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
The two jawans were working on the safety of road construction when the incident took place.
Two women and a minor girl were killed while four others injured when a pressure landmine, suspected to have been laid by Naxals, went off in a dense forest pocket of Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Narayanpur district, police said today.
A CRPF jawan and a sniffer dog were on Thursday injured in a pressure bomb blast allegedly triggered by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district, police said.
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has prima facie found 16 women victims of rape, sexual and physical assault by the state police personnel in Chhattisgarh`s tribal Bastar region.
In a big boost for the BJP government in Chhattisgarh led by of Dr Raman Singh, the ruling party on Friday won the Bhilai-Charoda and Sarangarh mayoral posts in the recent held civic polls here.
As many as 8,582 villages have so far been declared 'open defecation free' in Chhattisgarh, which is targeting to becoming an ODF state by October 2018.
Raman Singh said, "It was the blessings and trust of people that led the party to win three consecutive elections in the state. We do politics of development."
Police said if the money was found to be of Naxals, legal action will be taken against the bank account holders.
Two CRPF jawans were injured in an IED blast in Sukma yesterday.
At least 14 bogies of a goods train derailed here on Sunday, leading to disruption of rail traffic on the Howrah-Mumbai route, Railway officials said.
So far, bodies of 15 Maoists of their military formations have been recovered by the Bastar Police in this month as part of the ongoing `Mission 2016 Bastar`.
The winter session of Chhattisgarh Legislative Assembly will begin today in Raipur.
Nandini Sundar has been named in a complaint by the wife of Shamnath Baghel, who was killed by Maoists last Friday in his village in Maoist-hit Bastar.
The Border Security Force (BSF) on Monday said it seized over Rs 5 lakh "unaccounted" demonetised Rs 500 and 1,000 notes from a person travelling in bus in Chhattisgarh's Kanker district.
On November 7, Delhi University Professor Sundar, JNU professor Archana Prasad and others were booked on charges of murder of a tribal villager in Chhattisgarh.
In a tragic incident, senior Congress leader Ajay Singh's nephew was shot dead by Naxals in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh in the wee hours on Friday.
Assistant sub-inspector Narbad Boga (54) was killed around 6 PM near Chirchari village on Raipur-Nagpur national highway, police said.
A tribal villager, who was at the forefront of a protest against Maoist activities in his village, was killed by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district, police said on Sunday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday celebrated Bhai Dooj in Chhattisgarh and assured the women that he will continue to work for the welfare of Mother India.
Pitching for the empowerment of the poor, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday said skilled youth can pull themselves out of poverty and help fuel the engine of growth.
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Gujarat ATS arrest two people for planning a bomb blast in Rajkot's Chotila temple
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Why is religion used as a weapon against 'freedom of speech'?
- DNA: Indian soldiers shown as superheroes in comic series
- UP polls: Development meaningless without Ram Mandir, says BJP's Vinay Katiyar
- Delhi HC rejects Mukhtar Ansari's parole plea for campaigning in UP polls
- UP: At least 20 children injured as school bus overturns in Kanpur
- DNA: Are our soldiers upset over the anti-national atmosphere in the country?
- Thane crime branch arrest 18 people in Army recruitment paper leak case
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight
- BMC elections results: Both BJP, Shiv Sena should share Mumbai Mayor's post for 2.5 years each, says RSS
- Arabic version of 'Zaalima' from 'Raees' will make you fall in love! - Watch
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Ramjas protest: ABVP member's serious allegation on AISA activists, says 'they tore my kurta, misbehaved during clash'
- THIS girl wanted Narendra Modi's 'Shiva stole', she tweeted her wish; you won't believe what PM did!
- Man asks Karan Johar for his WhatsApp number on Twitter, KJo's reply will make you go LOL!
- 'India needs to acknowledge its asymmetry with China'
- MS Dhoni slams 94-ball century against Chhattisgarh in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter