Despite being hit for 6 sixes, Stuart Broad doesn't name Yuvraj Singh as toughest batsman he bowled to
I've never bowled to anyone as good at picking up length as quickly as Ricky Ponting, said Broad.
New Delhi: England speedster Stuart Broad is all set to become the 3rd English bowler with 100 or more Test caps to his name. Broad, currently with 98 matches under his belt, is a part of the England squad that will travel to India for 5 Tests.
In an interview with Daily Mail UK, Broad was asked to name the hardest batsman he had bowled to.
"I've never bowled to anyone as good at picking up length as quickly as Ricky Ponting. He just latched on to anything back of a length and gave me nowhere to go.
Hashim Amla could punish you all around the ground. He has such a calm temperament and I can never remember him looking even vaguely flustered.
Brad Haddin was a real street-fighter who played some knocks at seven that really hurt us down the years. He seemed able to hit your best deliveries to places you didn't think they deserved to go.
And I have to include Shane Watson — the sheer power with which he hit the ball made it a real challenge."
The 30-year-old seamer might have chosen Ricky Ponting, Brad haddin and Shane Watson as his hardest batsmen to bowl at but if asked to mention his hardest over ever, his answer unarguably be that of to Yuvraj Singh in the ICC T20 World Cup 2007 where he was smashed for 6 sixes by the Indian left-hander.
On being asked to name most memorable wicket, Stuart mentioned mentioned AB de Villiers in Durban, 2016.
"I got him with a little leg-cutter. We'd spent so long discussing De Villiers and Amla as their key men and I made a point of saying, 'When they come in to bat let's swarm them with fielders everywhere'.
To get him early in the series meant so much. He is a world-class player so to do him with a leg-cutter on a drying wicket was right up there."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers