Virat Kohli vs Australia: Here's why Steve Smith's men should be wary of Indian captain
The Indian skipper has played 12 matches against Australia and has scored 1276 runs at an average of 60.76
New Delhi: Virat Kohli, the man who is breaking all kinds of records and is leading the team to back to back series wins. Kohli and co seem to be unstoppable at the moment and presently have their sights set on building their undefeated streak (presently 18).
The Indian skipper has played 12 matches against Australia and has scored 1276 runs at an average of 60.76. In 12 matches and 22 innings, Kohli has scored 6 centuries and 3 fifties. The most surprising fact of his performance is that 5 out of 6 centuries have been scored in the land Down Under.
India last toured Australia in the 2014-2015 season when they lost the Border-Gavaskar trophy 2-0. For Team India, the tour seemed to be disastrous one as they couldn't repeat the performance which saw them winning 4-0 in 2011-2012 season. But on a personal level, the series was quite productive for Kohli who scored 4 centuries and captained the first and last match for India.
Two out of those four centuries were scored by him in the first test match at Adelaide Oval. Kohli who captained the side, was the only centurion for the team with a score of 115 and 141. The other century was scored in the third test, in which he scored 169, which is his highest against the Aussies. The Delhi-born batsman's last century was scored in the last match of the series – a 147 in the first innings.
Captain Kohli would be hoping to turn the table against Australia this time and repeat his phenomenal form against the Aussies. India will play Australia in the first test at Maharashtra Cricket Association Ground in Pune from 23rd February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!