WATCH: Ravindra Jadeja clean bowls Australian skipper Steve Smith off brilliant ball on Day 5 of third Test
Steve Smith, who scored unbeaten 178 runs in the first innings of the third Test, had no answer to a magical ball from Ravindra Jadeja which knocked off his stumps.
Ranchi: Premier Indian spinner Ravindra Jadeja got hosts a major breakthrough on final day of the third Test against Australia when he clean bowled Australian skipper Steve Smith off a brilliant ball.
Resuming play at 23/1 after 7.2 overs, Smith and Matthew Renshaw frustrated Indian bowlers for one and a half hours before Ishant Sharma got the first breakthrough of the day when he trapped the left-hander in front of the wicket in the 29th over.
In the next over, Jadeja bowled a delivery to Smith - which pitched outside leg-stump and spun sharply to knock off his off-stump.
Watch the delivery here:
— Harbhajan Turbanator (@cricketfreak07) March 20, 2017
It was a huge blow for the Aussies considering Smith had scored unbeaten 178 runs in the first innings.
At lunch on Day 5, Australia were still trailing by 69 runs with six wickets in hand.
India will clinch the series 2-1 if they manage to beat Australia in third Test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO